1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canyon pick up AC/Heater fan switch problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by gnprts, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gnprts

gnprts Member

Most of the time but not always the fan will only run at the fastest speed. Today it ran at the slower speeds on one trip although this was short lived. What should I check first.. AC cools OK.

Thanks

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem on my LeSabre, fan is intermittent. Sometimes it start up after a few blocks.

I found that a thump on the plastic housing just ahead of the middle passenger's feet cures it.

So I assume I have a crappy plug connection, and will get after it when i get too disgusted. At least I knw what to go after now.

HM

3. KY_TRAP_DAD

KY_TRAP_DAD Member

I had exactly the same problem on a Chevy Colorado (same truck). As it turns out, each speed setting for the fan is controlled by a little resistor individually. They go bad and/or intermittent. The service guy said that he had seen a lot of those burn out. I forget how much it was, but the fix was quick and inexpensive (if it were a lot, i would remember). If you have a GM dealer with a good service dept, they can fix you up.
    Shelby

4. gnprts

gnprts Member

Hey .. Thanks guys ... I think it is time to call on my (auto body man) brother.

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I had the same problem. A resister had to be replaced. They're not expensive, and they're not hard to replace; it just a takes a half hour to get to it, and a half hour to put everything back.

PITA.

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Ive had problems with heater speeds on several GM cars.

Mine were due to fried quick disconnect plugs around the engine compartment.

Dont know where yours are located but you might give it look.

Regards....Gerald

7. letts

letts TS Member

My jeep needed a new resisitor to fix that problem,,$15.00 for the part if I remember correctly and about 1/2Hr. of my time.

Letts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.