1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canton cop threatens cab driver

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by yakimaman, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen an update on the case of the Canton cop who threatened a cab driver who was legally carrying a concealed firearm? Name of the cop was Dan Harless.

2. copper

copper Member

I have never been in any trouble but have had a few unpleasant conversation with cops who thought they could make it up as they went along. Only ones I have respect for totally State troopers give respect you get respect. And after working with a bunch of criminal justice DEGREE boys as Armed guard TO DIFFERENT JOBS was a whole new breed of A HOLES. Carpenters were class acts along side these Bozo,s . Yes I know Not all but a lot.

3. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The disciplinary hearing for the officer is set for December 1st.

Bob

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

December 1st? Yeah, want to give him plenty of time to concock a good story about how this really isn't his fault but in fact a problematic childhood is to blame.

December 1st...that's a load of crap. The hearing should have been within 7 days of the incident.

5. yakimaman

I'm sure the FOP is covering his ass big time.

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Claims of PTSD. He's been on paid leave since that night. Dec1st is his hearing.

Trial date set for William Bartlett is November 9, 2011 at 9am.

If you want, there are 91 pages of his ordeal at the above site.

New site went up... http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56449

Jerbear

7. yakimaman

Has anyone seen anything develop in this case?

rm

8. tachyon

tachyon Member

The case against William Bartlett was thrown out by the judge. He is considering a civil suit against the city.

Two other videos have surfaced where Harless threatened to kill someone. In one of the videos the internal affairs report stated "On the video, we found Harless and his partner pull a car over for no apparent reason. After interrogating the passengers inside about their activities, Harless told one passenger, “If you scratch you balls wrong, I’m going to pull my gun and I am going to shoot you.”
    18 other complaints have been filed against him in the last few years.

The original hearing date for Dan Harless was delayed a couple of times. It was supposed to be held on December 1st but the public safety director Thomas Ream who set the date moved it to December 15th. Ream was supposed to make a decision within 10 days but stated to the press that he would not make any decision until January 16th at the earliest.

The incident happened on June 8th. He was placed on administrative leave on June 20th. The city of Canton has been paying him full salary for more than six months as this case drags on (and on and on). He ran out of sick leave but by contract other officers can "donate" their sick leave to him and they have.

All three videos are on youtube just search Dan Harless Canton. One of the videos has been edited to remove all of the threats Harless made against Barlett.

9. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Marked for later read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapshooter harless