1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

canting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrhunt, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrhunt

mrhunt TS Member

Does canting a trap gun make you shoot right or left. Thanks

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

No. You make the gun shoot to the right or left.

Matt

3. white rattler

white rattler Member

right handed shooter will shoot to the left. Believe me and the higher the rib the more you will cant the rib and the more you will throw the gun at the target. Trevor Dawe.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Watch Leo here. He cants the gun but no push left or right. Go to 3:42 of the clip and watch. That's why i said what i said. Of course it's Leo. He would smoke 'em with a BB gun upside down.

Matt

5. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Funny this should come up. I have been in a slump for aboutl 6 months. Last
    Sunday while playing the games for some reason I noticed that it appeared I was canting my gun when I mounted it to my shoulder. What I noticed was I was tilting my head some into the stock to look down the rib. So I started to bring my head straight without any tilt and bring the rib to my eye so as to look straight down the rib. It seemed I started to come back into my shooting much better. I shot 5 rounds at different yardage and took 2 first and 2 seconds. The one I didn't do well on was the first round. Thats when I discovered I was tilting my head and the rib was canting.
    Could be a fluke to. Just happen to be one of them days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.