1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

canting your gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tbobaa, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbobaa

tbobaa Member

OK SO RIGHT HANDERS CANT RIGHT LEFT HANDERS LEFT I GOT A GUN THAT SHOOTS 100 PERCENT HIGH I CAN SEE THE NATURAL LEAD ON A RIGHT TARGET BUT WHAT ABOUT THE LEFT TARGET I DONT GET THE CONCEPT?HOW MANY OF YOU OUT THERE CANT YOUR GUN OR HAVE TRIED?

2. cnsane

cnsane Member

At the yardages we shoot, I think you could cant the gun like a gang-banger with a 9mm and it would'nt affect the poi more than a few inches. My 500 yd rifle is different. An cant induced error of an inch at 50 yds is 10 inches at 500. I used to know how far 1 degree of cant moved the bullet at 100 yds. Now I just look at the level attached to the scope mount. For a shotgun, I treat it like a non-issue.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The reason you cant a gun is to put the sights infront of your eye while keeping your head level. That being said, a right handed shooter would cant the gun to the left. HMB

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I can shoot a target faster w/slight cant. The reason is I can pick up the target faster.

I shoot a target faster than the average shooter, always have.

That is the reason for my 120%+ POI, the target is being broken on the rise.

That is the reason why most 27 yard shooters w/high averages shoot a high POI gun.

Some examples, Ray Stafford, Phil Kiner, Randy Ross, Pat McCarthy, Ricky Marshall, just to name a few, I know there are a lot of others.

I hold gun paralell and my moves to the target is right and left w/ very little gun rise, this is the result of 120%+ POI.

How many of these cant thir gun I would say very few.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

canting a shotgun

canting a trap gun

canting your trap gun reviews

correcting shotgun canting