1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canting the 'Cant'

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Canting the

I seem to be canting the gun somewhat. I'm aware of some of the products out there. Could I please have some input from the fellas here as to what products and adjustments that may help? Your advice will help me make a decision. Thanks, Jim?

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Be sure that the gun is the right length first. A gun that's too long can cant to the left while one that's too short could cant to the right. If needed, a 100 straight pad adjuster is a good choice.

Ed Yanchok

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

xringjim, as long as you don't have a high point of impact, canting makes little difference and may be corrected if you wish - or not - with no effect on your scores. After all, the best shooter in the country cants like crazy.

Neil

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you are right handed and you cant the gun a few degrees to the left and your POI is in the right place, you are doing good. Canting the gun puts the rib and beads in front of your shooting eye, this technique allows you to keep your head and eyes up straight and level, which is a good thing. HMB

5. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Jimbo,

Do a search for the Gun Cant thread last month..some great information there.

Neil...good to see you back!

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Sorry cant help you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.