1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CANTERBURY WIRELESS ???????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 121083, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 121083

121083 Member

I know this has been discussed before but would like to reopen the dicussion on Canterbury Wireless voice release. We are looking at buying two for a small two house trap club. Any recommendations will be appeciated. Thanks and good shooting, Bob Morris.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I don't know of any difference between wireless and wired as far as the speakers are concerned.

They are 8 ohm speakers just like the ones we used to put in our grill during the CB craze, with a 10 ohm resistor wired in parallel. I have not exam=ined any wireless speakers, and assume similarity.

Since audio is AC, resistance does not apply, the Impedance calculates to about 4 & 1/2 ohms. This is immaterial since most audio IC circuits are not that fussy.

What new technology would you suggest? There are more costly ways to pick up and process the sound, but no improvement as far as I can see.

If you make them smaller, they will probably be more fragile(and cost more).

Lesse now, about 60 bucks for an electret condenser mic, and 300 for a transmitter............

HM

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

We have 2 of the wireless systems and 4 wired sets at my club and they work just fine. The wireless get used 2 or 3 times a week and inclement weather doesn't seem to bother them at all. One is a complete new set and the other is a conversion to wireless, Both work as advertised and have been virtually trouble free. The mics are the same as the wired sets. Most of the trouble with the wired system is from abuse and poorly maintained sets. I would never go back to the wired sets.

Jim

4. furface

furface Member

I'm involved with 2 trap clubs that bought wireless in the last 6 months from Rocky Mnt Sports. They work great and the service was first class. Joe

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

At our club the main problem has been the wires. They are cheap and don't stand up very well with wrapping them up to be put away. Thin copper wire with a covering that is prone to splitting and shorting its self on the shielding. Canterbury joins the two wires together and connects them to one side of the contact the shield is connected to the other side. When it works its fine but they dont last very long.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

grunt, we went to Graybar and got soe 2/c SJO 18 cable. The shield is not necessary. our cables last a lot longer with good wire. the stuff supplied was garbage. I would not tie my dog out with that crap.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.