1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canterbury wireless voice release

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rick (Pa), Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Our club is looking into buying some Canterbury wireless voice release systems.
    Does anybody have an opinion on whether they are any good? Or are they alot of trouble.

Thank You Rick

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

A very biased opinion here ... they're great! If you would like to try them call me or email and I'll send your club a set to try for a week or two. if you don't like them send them back. All it will cost you is the return shipping ($40). I am pretty safe here as I've never had a set come back yet!

Thanks for reading...

Bob Schultz 800-684-6329

3. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Bob, Thank you for your offer. I will run it through our meeting next week. You have always been great to deal with. We bought our wired Canterburys from you several years ago. and they worked great. Just trying to make things easier for the help.

Rick

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Thanks Rick.

Bob

5. gary0920

gary0920 Member

They are great and so is the service from Bob Schultz. Highly recomend them both.

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

The club I shoot at has 2 sets we bought from Bob. Very Happy with product. Bill

7. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

They work very well at the club I shoot at.

Seem to have less trouble with the wireless than the hard wired version.
    People are always yanking the cords which causes problems with the connectors.

ed.

8. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Rick,

Just DO NOT make the mistake of NOT buying them from Bob Schultz at Target Shotguns.

Jon Reitz

9. skeezix

skeezix Member

I have no experience with the trap version. We have the skeet version on 5 fields - they have been a bit of trouble. Very sensitive to the individual call - my dog can set one off from 10 yards away - but a shooter with the right tone of voice can't buy a bird out of it. On stations 1 and 7 we get a lot of launched birds on the echo of the shot from the opposite house. i.e. shot high 1, the machine arms low one on the shot- and then launches low 1 on the echo. So we have a high waste factor on targets.

Probably not a problem on a trap field - but on a skeet field if you are near an adjacent field - say you're on station 2 on one field and there are shooters on station 6 on the next field - the guy on the next field will launch more birds than you will on your station. You really have to tell the kids not to arm the thing until the shooter is starting to mount the gun. Then you have to hope that the wireless system arms before the shooter calls - it doesn't always.

Ours is very weather sensitive - a little rain in the bayonet lugs and the system gets balky. Keep the grey control box in a weatherproof box- even though it is a sealed unit, water intrudes into the box and then its done until you can dry it out.

Our distributor has overhauled the system 2 times now - added boosters to the system. We just got it back from its second major overhaul and have not had a chance to test it. If this does not work we will scrap the system and order the Briley system.

sorry, but thats my experience. We have wired canterbury's on the trap fields (18 fields) and they are great. I'd like a hybrid system myself - hardwire the microphones and keep the arming switch wireless.

john

10. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

We have them on all 4 of our trap fields and we love them. They work great, you just have to change the batteries when needed - depending on their usage. No cords to deal with. Switching from singles to caps and back is easier. I recommend them.

Trapgeek

Leslie York

11. Terry L A

Terry L A TS Member

From a gun club manager perspective they are great-easy to set up. From a shooter perspective they are terrible. Slow pulls, no pull and on and on. If you are looking for easy set up, buy the wireless. If you are looking to please your shooters buy the wired-it is that simple. Terry

12. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Also from a management perspective, Wireless is the way to go. I maintain 3 wireless sets and have little problem with them. The biggest problem is, as with wired sets, some folks just don't have enough moxy to set them off. But wait I'm venting, they are great, work great and Gary at Schultz is very good at solving any problem that MAY arise. They are the way to go. My thoughts and I approve them. Jake Jacobs

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

We use the wireless system. Placement of the receiver is important. We had to move our outside of the trap house. Bob S. makes a nice wall mounted box for this. It is important to keep a supply of batteries around.

Bob Schultz is a great shooter, a great guy and a great salesman. "Try this for a week or so at your club and see if you like it". He knows that after you do that, you will buy the system.

Pat Ireland

14. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

We replaced 6 sets of wired Canterburys at our club with the wireless from Bob several years ago. We have had MUCH LESS trouble with the wireless for the shooters, especially at our ATA shoots. We screwed a patio brick to the top of each one for ballast and pop riveted the sending unit to each pole about 2' from the bottom so they are the right height and always turned the right way. We also mounted the receivers on the back of each house in the plexiglass box's Pat alluded to. We have had NONE of the problems mentioned by Terry above.

15. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

I would like to thank everyone for there responce.

Rick

16. trappypappy

trappypappy Member

Our club just purchased a set from Bob for our new trap range.

I sent Bob an email with questions and got the answers the next day.

Handicap with multiple yardage shooters (two)sure is better than getting tripped up in all the wires.

Give Bob a call and get them on the way.

Hank

17. skeeter57

skeeter57 TS Member

Hank
    Got them set up today. Will get to try them tomorrow.
    See you at the Range in the AM

Check is in the mail Bob.

Earl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

canterbury wireless voice release