1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canterbury Wireless Voice Release Systems

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Gary.... I have shot 4 clubs each having wireless mics. None of them worked as well as the wired units. In fact, 2 of the clubs that tried the wireless systems went back to the wired ones. I have just not had very good luck shooting over them, and will stay away from a club using them.....Just my experience.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

We just purchased our second set. Other than lots of extra birds due to (should we say stupid shooters?) We have only had one problem. The control unit keeps getting dropped.....should we say stupid again?...and that makes the contact pieces for the batteries move. Once or twice and they break off.

Other than that the unit works flawlessly. I think if we can keep shooters from yacking, we would be happy.

Great Falls Trap

Rickyd

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

We bought a set of the Canterbury wireless and have been happy with their flawless performance to date. One of the key issues is that the transmitter that is on the mic stand must be facing the receiver on the trap house. If you have multiple sets you must make sure that each set operates with enough difference in the frequency setting between it and the adjacent fields. Bill Malcolm

4. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

We bought 4 sets in Feb 06 to replace the wired ones we had. Would we go back to the wired? Not a chance. The advice to follow the directions is spot on, also if you have the old black mikes you'll have trouble with cross calls, and here in Ne the wind really plays havoc with them. We went to the turbo mikes and that pretty much eliminated the problem. Just used them for the Ne Western Zone and had no complaints. Hope you have good luck with them.
    Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.