1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canterbury Voice Releases

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by duckhunter331, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

We just purchased Canterbury Voice Releases for our club in Wisconsin. They are the wireless versions. We mounted the receiving unit inside the trap clubhouse, but are having difficulties with slow pulls, and no pulls. It seems that certain stations you have to yell really loudly to get the bird to come out. I was wondering if anybody else has had the same problem. Do we need to move the receiving unit outside of the traphouse? Or is there another problem. Thanks in advance!

Trav

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

The tranceiver connected to the relay box must be located outside of the trap house. You can buy a Lexan shield to protect the tranceiver.

Mount the shield in the center of the trap house, then drop the tranceiver into it when you set up the trap. The tranceiver has a directional antenna in it so be sure to have the correct side facing the mics.

3. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

Thank you very much. We will have to try that. Where can I find the Lexan shield ? And about how much do they cost?

Trav

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Our came with the systems. We had one shot and called Bob Shultz Target Shotguns for a replacement. I believe it was in the $35 to $50 range, but my memory is hazy. Bob's number is 800 684-6329.

5. kyskeet

kyskeet Member

We placed the trancierver on the front of the house in a plastic electrical junction box. Protected and weather proof.

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Put the relay outside your trap house along the side, The trap house is blocking the signal.

7. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

You should have received lexan blast covers with the sets. They are shipped from the factory with them and are NOT extra. Simply attach the lexan shields to the BACK of the trap house and drop the receiver in so the LED can be seen from the line. When the red light is "ON" the system is off. ( like a traffic light...red=stop) when the referee turns the system on with the remote the LED goes out.

We recommend simply running the wire out the front of the house and around to the holder. When through, coil up the cord and store the receiver in the house.

The antenna has a "fan" array and works best as described above. If you mount on the side of the house you may get erratic releases from the opposite side of the field hidden by the corner of the trap house

If you have any further questions, feel free to call me or my tech, Gary Parker, and we'll be delighted to help you.

Bob Schultz 800-684-6329

8. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

Thank you guys very much. Are the lexan shields the clear plastic containers that came with? I wasn't the one to set them up, so I don't know a lot about them. We will definately try what was suggested though.

Thanks again,

Trav

9. Bob Schultz

Duckhunter331,

Here are a couple photos of the blast cover. They don't look like much but I shot one a couple of times with Nitro 7 1/2's and there was no damage to the receiver. Try to mount them as high on the back of the house as you can...it helps the receoption. Also keep the transmitters on the stands up off the ground by a foot or so.

Hope this helps.

Bob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

We mounted the receiving units on the front of the trap houses and they worked flawlessly! Thanks very much for all the help and suggestions!

Trav

11. Bob Schultz

Glad to hear it! Call us if you have any more questions!

Bob Schultz = Target Shotguns 800-684-6329

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

canterbury wireless voice releases

diode across led canterbury voice release

where to buy canterbury voice releases in wi