1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CANTERBURY VOICE RELEASE SYSTEM PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GROUPER7, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Having problem with a Canterbury voice activated system. The Canterbury Voice Release Systems Trigger for wired voice release system is creating a problem. When activated, and a target is called for it just keeps on sending a signal to the trap machine non stop. Has anyone evr come across this? This happens with certain trigger systems and not others. Can't figure it out. Any suggestions. Does anyone have a schematic and wiring diagram for this system?

Thanks for the help.

Alex.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They keep the prints in a locked vault in New Zealand. If they ever got out, someone else might compete with them.

To an accomplished electronics guy they are duck soup. All others wander in the jungle.

Send the control box to Bob Schultz if you are sure that's where the problem lies. Figure it out by switching boxes, see if the problem follows the box. the relay box in the trap house might be hanging up, swap and check.

HM

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Could be a shorted relay box or a short in the control unit or one of the microphones. Check the relay box alone, plug it in to a power source and listen if it's constantly clicking, if it is there's your problem.

Short the two pins on either side of the keyway bump and the unit should click each time you short them. If it checks out ok then connect it to the trap machine and to the control unit with out any mics connected. Still ok? Then connect the mics one at a time until you can recreate the problem.

The last item that you connect that recreates the problem is the cause. If all of the above fails to solve the issue then contact Targetshotguns in NC. They handle all of my CVR issues that I can't correct myself. Tel: 1-800-684-6329

Eric

4. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

Sound like the wire from the control box from the speakers to the trap house the wire is shorted out .Discornect the plug that goes to the box in the trap house and see if it stop throwing targets if it does that your porblem. Then to make sure go to the control box after you reconrrect the wire in the trap house and discornect the same wire from the speaker box and if it start to throw targets and it keep throwing targets after discornect that wire is the bad one but if it stops throwing that isn't the bad wire recornect it back to the box start discornet each of the speaker wires until it stop throwing targets that would be the bad wire and will have to be fix or replaced,also as you are unhooking the wires leave the unhooked until you find the bad one just in case there are more then one.If after you check the wires and it still keep throwing targets then the trap has a problem needs to be serviced.

5. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Thank you for the help all, especially cmptrwhz. Did as suggested and found that the release hand box had a problem with the led. We installed a resistor and now are worlking fine. Still can't figure out why we need a resistor there when all the connections are fine and the impedances are the same. One of those weird things I guess. Still have not had a reply from Canterbury. Sent 2 emails, one yesterday and one this morning. Would be nice to get an input from them.

Thank you again.

Alex.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

For a quicker answer contact Gary Parker at Target Shotguns. 1-800-684-6329.

Eric

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Another Gary fan heard from. ;) Super guy to have as a resource. Nice group Bob has working together there.

8. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Thank you all. Spoke to Gary and must say that he is a gentleman and a scholar. He confirmed my diagnosis and expanded on it. I am truly impressed by the people @ Target Shotguns and will not forget them. One good turn deserves another.
    Thank you Gary and thank you Bob for the tips and suggesting Gary. If I can ever do anything for you, please do not hesitate to call on me.

Regards,

Alex.

9. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Another nod for Gary.

Im in the service business and I know what its like to get those calls and they want you to figure out the problem over the phone. They are tough! but Gary takes the time to listen carefully and really puts thought into your problem with good feedback. Thanks for all your help Gary,

-Tim in Nebraska.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
canterbury trap speakers
canterbury voice release parts
canterbury voice release parts switch

canterbury voice release problems

canterbury voice release repair

canterbury voice release schematic

canterbury voice release troubleshooting

canterbury voice release wiring diagram