1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canterbury Voice Release Expert Needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by travisalfrey, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travisalfrey

travisalfrey Member

I need some help. I have just built my own trap and skeet range and got a used CVR system to use with my trap which is one of the old winchester traps with a carosel not a single stack. Trap has been rebuilt and works great but the problem is that when the CV is on every once in awhile (probably 3 out of 10 pulls) the trap arm does not stop- it whirlwinds which knocks off the next target. Now if the cv is off and I just use the button or if I just use the button on the normal cord it never does it. It only does it when the switch is in the on possition. It happens on the voice call and using the button when the switch is on. I am thinking that it is in the cv unit and not the trap machine since it does not whirlwind on manual.

I have opened up the unit and all of the wires look good and none are touching.

Any thoughts? or know of someone for me to call?

Travis in NC

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Since you're in NC give Bob Schultz a call, hope you get him before he goes south for the winter.

Phil Berkowitz

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would check the wire to the trap and see if you dont have a short that works if you hold the release in a diffrent position. Take an ohm meter check for continuity from both ends.. hope this helps.

4. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Contact Bob Schultz at Target Shotguns. He is the Canterbury dealer for this region and a heck of a great guy. He will be able to help you out, for sure.

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Sounds like a shorted on-off switch. Bob has them.

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Replace the diode in your hand controller.

7. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

Check the screws that hold the wires into their sockets on the hand controller button and switch. I have found them to loosen up and cause a similar situation.

8. travisalfrey

travisalfrey Member

Thanks for the replys- I will call Shultz on Wed. I also got a controller and the main unit from another club today to try swapping items and try to isolate the problem.

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

You'll want to talk to Gary Parker at Bobs place. He's the CVR guru.

Eric

10. travisalfrey

travisalfrey Member

Roger- I have checked and added a spacer behind the spring when I installed the machine. My thought is that if it was the spring it would not matter which way I released the bird it would still whirlwind if it was the spring?? It is only doing it when the cv unit is on. Am I correct in my thoughts?

11. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Another vote for Gary. Jake

12. autotraps

autotraps TS Member

intermittant short in the cord from reciever to trap.

13. travisalfrey

travisalfrey Member

Thanks for the help. Spoke with Gary and he is sending me what he thinks is wrong...hopefully it will work.

This forum just proves that it is not what you know but "who" you know. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.