1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cantebury Auto Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Woods, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Is this trap in production, any comments.
    I remember this trap at Vandalia, Back in 2002 or 03.
    One of the men involved with the Canterbury auto trap shot on my squad at the Grand.
    This trap was being demonstated at the ATA practise trap.
    Any info would be appreciated. Looking at a used one.

Joe Woods/Ontario
  2. Stubbie

Stubbie TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Hi Joe do you know if it is a Canterbury Trapmaster which has a hopper that would hold approx 600 targets and the throwing arm is the same as an old Winchester hand set trap if so they are still made in New Zealand and sold in NZ& Australia.You could look on google for Canterbury Trap International Ltd. as they have a webb site.
    Regards Stubbie
  3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Louisville, KY
    Joe Woods:

I may know of one available in Louisville, KY for a reasonable price.

It is the larger model that holds 500-600 targets and can be set for singles or doubles. It was acquired new by our club from Bob Schultz about 7-8 years ago when I ran the trap committee. It has seen moderate use as compared to other traps. We only shoot 1 day a week from 6-10 pm.

We replaced the Cantebury with a Pat trap about 3 months ago and it is my understanding that the club is looking to sell the trap. I am no longer active on the Trap committee.

Our club has two other Pat traps and wanted to have all three primary traps be Pat traps for simplicity of maintenance and operation. We also have a fourth house that uses one of the smaller Cantebury traps that only throws single targets. We only use this trap when we shoot four fields which only happens twice a year.

I believe that the Cantebury uses the Winchester arm and spring assembly so these parts are easy to find. Bob Schults is our contact back to Cantebury for other parts. There are a few springs on the assembly that drops the targets that must be periodically replaced to ensure proper operation. We also used to blow off the trap with compressed air weekly. It threw a nice target.

PM me and I will provide a contact person if interested.

Ed Ward
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.