1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Cant wait to shoot my New KX5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DecalDude, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Just picked up a very nice KX5 tonight heck of a good price! Now got to wait for the club to open at 1am to shoot!
    09newbie_2009_110550.jpg

Been shooting Joel Etchens Unsingle combo for a year but this was way to nice to pass up!! Not selling the 687 tho.

Got to go load shells shooting report on it tomorow evening!

Jerry Lewis
  2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Active Member

Decided to do some trapshooting after retiring from the telethon? LOL

Is there a Gra-coil on there?
  3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Moderator Staff Member

Nice looking gun and I hope you break a gazillion targets with it.

But I do have a question?

What gun club opens at 1am in the morning to shoot?

Thank you!

Hauxfan!
  4. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

BustiShooter09,

That wood is much nicer than mine. I love my KX. Great balance and swing. When researching the gun, some people were complaining about recoil. If you get the stock adjusted for you (adj. recoil pad, stock length) recoil won't be an issue.

Enjoy the Kgun.
    Dave
  5. BIGDON

BIGDON Active Member

Enjoy it. I shot one for a number of years and well I might add.

Why would he need a gracoil? Recoil is minimal.

Don
  6. goose2

goose2 Active Member

Don you know how it is. Someone shoots one that is not adjusted or fit for them and it kicks the shit out of them so now everyone of them are kicking machines and ain't worth a hoot.
  7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Active Member

Very nice gun! I am against adding anything metal, and mechanical on a stock. I like the wood to be in tact. As I have posted before. Once it is cut off, it is gone, and so is the value of the upgraded wood. Just did not know if the stock was cut, because you can't see the end of it. I absolutely am not recommending one. Bought my KS-5 used, with upgraded wood and really wish that the Soft-Touch comb did not use the original wood. Actually would prefer to see the whole stock, otherwise what is the point of upgrading the wood. This picture was taken while experimenting with a 3/8" add-on rib. Otherwise, you can hardly see the posts.
    stlflyn_2010_0704120.jpg
  8. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

No no Gracoil on this gun stock pad for now(maybe the only thing I may change)

I messed up on the club open time lol but I was there at 11am sharp.

I opened it up and did some reading and put the Modified choke in and went out to shoot 4 rounds. Scores right out the case with only choke change were 25 21 24 24 Could have done better but we had a couple youngsters "filled" the house and didnt fill the whole turret and caused calls that were not nice but still only had 4 letters.

94 not bad with the distractions and recoil wasnt bad could do a 300 target day with it no problem.

Jerry Lewis PS the telethon thing is older then me I was named after my dad and He didnt change his name from Joseph Levitch (Jerry Lewis sounds way cooler!! JUST ASK Jerry LEE who also is round my dads age!)!!!
  9. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho TS Member

I shot a KX for a while, I loved it. I wish I never sold it. You'll enjoy this gun its a great SBT gun. I never used the #4 choke #2-3 were plenty. Have fun, nice gun.
  10. BIGDON

BIGDON Active Member

I shot a KX5 with a #3 the day I got punched to the 27.

Don
  11. yakimaman

yakimaman Active Member

You are so lucky, that's really neat - glad you got such a good deal. Are you on Facebook? Maybe you could do a video of your first session with it. If I were you, I couldn't wait either. Wow, so cool!
  12. Luvs2shoot

Luvs2shoot Active Member

Nice gun Jerry, I like the striping on the buttstock. Looks great. Enjoy it in good health. John E.
  13. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Yes have facebook but no video wished I did. My buddy has a habit of trying my new guns and running the first 25 with them, I didnt even chance it this time he was upset.

Thanks to all it is a very nice looking gun nice wood figure and shoots as well as it looks!

Jerry Lewis
  14. Bucko43

Bucko43 Active Member

It took me five rounds before I dialed in my first 25 with mine. But that adjustable rib works well when you need to fine tune it. I haven't touched the rib in over a year. You'll love the gun. It is a fine instrument.

Kevin
  15. plaw

plaw Member

I looked at the kx-6 at the grand and they are ugly-ugly-ugly!! the kx 5 and kx 6 are much better looking..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.