1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Set a Release-The 'Dawg Will Fix You

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oleolliedawg, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Can

Alright you fellow "I can't set a release trigger with the gun up" basket cases. I'm quite sure most of us would do anything to be able to set a release with the gun on our shoulder again. Gone will be the days of blasted holes in traphouses, speaker cables and terrified grass mice.

Unfortunately, you'll have to forget about shooting those high end Singles and O/U's. No more Brownings, Berettas, Krieghoffs, Perazzis SKB's etc. No more will you need to set a release and then close the gun (the former ultimate solution). This solution is cheap (cheaper than Hypnotherapy), effective and easily mastered.

Just get out "ole Betsy"-you know it as your old Model 12, the closet queen or retro gun. Simply load ole Betsy and push the slide forward but not completely enough for firing mode. Put'r up to your shoulder, set the trigger and then completely close the action. Voila, it works.

I'm accepting donations for this little tidbit. I wanna pay for my FL. trips too!!

2. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

Don't try this with a worn model 12 that is out of time and will fire before the bolt is in the locked position!

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

You also have to use better reloads if you want to shoot that. M12

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Ramblings of a man devoted to a solution. Dawg, you must really love the game! My release pulled thru on me once and it was a year before I could mount the gun again. Like a sucker punch out of nowhere.

My condolances. My sympathy donation is in the mail.

milt

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

milt, something like spending the afternoon in the dark, local gin mill and exiting into a bright sunny afternoon with a bit of snoot full. All the while your worst enemy, hidden in a shadow, has a plan that awaits you in the form of a piece of 2x4 across your snout.

Betcha look twice from now on!!

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

dawg,

So what do you have, a big run on release-triggered Model 12s to peddle to help pay for the southern trek?

Copper

7. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Can

'dawg,

You should write a book...HILARIOUS!!

(but more like an 2 X 10 X 12)

milt :x[

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Geez...I really hate guys that insist that I do it their way.

9. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Quick, I don't think so. It's then the release hook holding the hammer back, not the slide release.

Buz

10. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

alfermann66,
    After thinking about it, I agree with you about the release hook holding the hammer. I will delete my above post. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.