1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cant make up my mind , Mec 9000H or 9000E

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flasch192, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flasch192

flasch192 Member

Cant make up my mind, what say you guys ??????

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I don't know what a 9000E is, but I really like my 9000H. Can load a box of shells in about 2 minutes...

3. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I prefer the 9000 without any power drive. If there is a problem - the hull doesn't drop all the way down in the deprime/resizer, a primer flips upside down, etc. - you feel the resistance, can look for the problem, and back off before screwing things up too bad. With a power driven press, that isn't an option.

4. mike calkins

mike calkins TS Member

Actually with the hydraulic MEC it is, all you have to do is take your foot off the pedal and it immideately retracts. you can actually stop it in place let it ease back a little bit let your hull drop and then continue the stroke. As long as the charge bar hasn't started to move it is not really an issue. The more you use one the easier it is to do. jmho, Mike

5. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

I just bought the 9000e at the Grand. Small learning curve but it works flawlessly.

GaryBeer

6. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

I got the 9000E had it about 3 years. Love the machine. very quite, no hoses, I can take it with me when I travel if I have a need to. Dont have to worry about a pump or hoses. Unit sits on the base with motor, just pick up whole mess put it in the storage compartment on my rv and away I go. Sometimes I shoot more than I have planned to before I get back home so I reload more shells.Try one, You will like it.

Bob W

7. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I have the 9000H and love it, fast and reliable. I like having both hands free to feed hull and wad. It is bulking but I only load at home so that is not a problem.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Both or great loaders. I've had hydraulic and it worked well, barring fluid leaks and the noise of the pump. Before I bought an electric I'd try to use one.

9. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I chose the 9000H for the following reason... the 9000E mounts atop the automate motor box whereas the 9000H gives you more flexibility for press mounting.

I like my press bolted to the bench and sitting inside of an aluminum cookie sheet pan. The pan catches any shot and powder that may spill (shot mostly). This has happened twice to me so far.

If I had the 9000E it would have been a real mess.

I find the 9000H to throw very very consistent powder and shot drops. This I attribute to the fact of the uniform downward movement of the 9000H head assembly. I am sure this is pretty much true for the 9000E as well.

10. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I have the H, love it, 10's of thousands of shells through it, nar a problem.
    You have twice the arm/hand movement with the E, so when you look at doing 10's of thousands of rounds, you're looking at 20 thousand arm/hand movements.

11. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Well, here is a vote for the E unit. Let me digress a bit.

I had one of the original automate units made by Jim Benn, the inventor whose game plan out of the gate was build a great unit and sell out to Mec...which he obviously did.

Mec took the automate and tweaked it a bit, required 2 buttons to push and added a brace. That brace was magic in my opinion, stabilizing the unit significantly. I thought the two button push would be a bother, but it is quite easy to use, and reacts instantly to start/stop.

I have a Spolar with PW electric drive and I love it. You really can't compare the two units, but I just bought a 9000E to load throw away shells for my auto loader. The Mec offers the resizing collet for the steel base, but more importantly the primer seats in such a way that any base wad movement is pushed back down. Shoot once and let fly was my logic. There are tons of empties to use without buying them.

The Mec is about a week old, and it has worked flawlessly. I was impressed with the improvement in the primer feed unit as well.

No doubt the hydraulic has many of these features, but I love the quiet and smooth operation of the E model. I have it on a bench/shelf unit I had built to hold all my supplies, so I did not have to drill and ding up the new cabinets/bench.

12. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 4 9000HN re-loaders. 12, 20, 28, .410. All run smooth and I like the foot pedal that keeps you hand free to work the hulls and wads.
    The only why to go.

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I 've had an "H" since about 90 and it's bullet proof. Mine is quiet compared to a few others I've heard operate. Loaded thousands and thousands without a hitch and throws powder charges very accurately. As was said above, the more you use the H, the easier it becomes.

Hap

14. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

I also have (4) 9000HN loaders(12, 20, 28, 410), with 2 pumps. Powder and lead drops are consistant. Just timed myself a couple weeks ago, loading 20ga. Loaded 10 boxes in 14 minutes. The 410 I take my time, but still can load 350-400 shells an hour. I don't have any fluid leaks, but if you fill the pump with to much oil, it will leak.

David McMillen

15. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

9000E; it is quiet and doesn't leak.

Doc

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The E has two notable features. 1) the loader unit is a bit high as it sits atop the electric box and that creates a bit higher arm movements, but the H is not twice as fast. It takes less than a second to insert he shell and wad and make the move to the buttons. And 2) the positive is that you can change the location of the uint as it is not bolted down, nor needs to be. I had a H with a grabber some years ago and got rid of it in favor of jsut the grabber. The E is really great for sporadic loading at odd times rather than sitting down for an all afternoon affair. I stand and load for an hour and now I use a counter to tell me when I get to 25 and I bag those when I hit the number. No more boxing for me. My bud Ithaca$$$grade fills a pail and then grabs handfuls to his pouch. Be just my luck that I missed a couple. He never does, but he has this other "issue" that drives us to drink.

17. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

There have been a couple of threads on this subject recently - search them out and you will have even more opinions.

Oh yeah - I vote for the "E."

[​IMG]

Ed

18. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Get either the E or the H - DON'T pull the lever. I got a rotor cuff problem from that (yeah - really). Now have a Spolar hyd.

19. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

20. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

I made up my mind for the E after watching operation videos of each one on youtube

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

9000h vs 9000e