1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cant Even Buy Gold

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

Hmmmm and gold isnt valuable, you cant even buy the 24k gold coin from the us mint anymore--they claim "we cant keep up with demand" sureeeeeeeeeeee they cant,more like "lets hold the gold"--- he who has the gold makes the rules-- any thoughts??

Bill

2. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

I say buy more guns. If the SHTF gold will be useless, however guns and ammo will allow you to survive.

3. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

I agree with truthseeker. Gold....not accepted at the 7-11 and you can not eat it. Invest wisely!

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Call Monex, they have gold for physical delivery. When the fit hits the shan food, water,gas,guns, medicine, water filters and other tangibles will be king.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Fuel crunch scares me. without fuel we would be out of food everywhere in seven days.

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Shannon, did you ever think about the Amish? I always thought that they would thrive during times of crisis, but they also have gotten somewhat dependent on feed deliveries, milk tank trucks to come and pick up, and some store-bought goods. But they are as close at it gets to being able to survive independently. I've lived like that before when I was a kid, but not many have experienced that kind of life.

Horses, bikes, lakes/streams, fishing gear, and seeds are good things. I have those, if it comes down to it.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Devi, I wonder how many people know how to bury excess food to last thru the winter once the root cellar is full? We did that when I was at home too. Hap

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Curvy,

I think the Amish are more ready than most, seeds are a good thing to have, make sure they are non hybrid

An old fashion manual pump well would be a nice thing to have, or at least a cistren that stored rain water. Some hand tools like a cross cut saw would be good for fire wood.A bicycle air pump for tires could prove handy.

I talked to a fellow the other day that installed a large pond and stocked it full of pan fish and catfish. He also has a windmill that can pump the water to his house and garden.

I checked out a golf cart with a solar roof that recharged it self, that would be cool for short range chores.

There are survival forums one the web that have list of items needed, I always thought of them as fanatic kooks but now I'm having second thoughts... It's kind of fun to be a kook, kinda like planning an extended camping trip!

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My fellow Marines on here know how to survive

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Every kid should be made to join the Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts. They still teach survival skills and morality.

11. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

As long as I have brass, primers, powder and bullets I will be able to eat and protect my family. 'nough said.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

12. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Anyone that thinks gold is no good I'll pay shipping if you send me what you have.

13. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

If you have ANYTHING to survive on keep it a secret. All the losers will be at your door for handouts and to keep warm in the cold. But they will burn you out if you turn them down and you will have nothing also. You can't keep everyone in your house.You have to turn away lots of people. In this scenario, all utilities will be OFF! How will you refill the generator? Don't you think they'll incapacitate it? Where are you going to take a dump? How big will the pile be in your house? Kids and women will be crying for a clean potty. If you go outside you will be captured or killed and maybe eaten! Your septic tank will take up most of your drinking water for flushing.Go outside and pump more water from the hand pump....BANG, there goes Pappa.What do we do now says Mamma? Give up, they'll let us live say's little Mary.....Oh, that sounds like what some people want us to do in Iraq says little Hoss.You better have a machine gun and grenades etc. but in the war movies nobody ever turned away a smart attack and they got taken over, then the reverse happens all over again.You eat today,tommorrow you're dead... the bad ones eat, someone else takes over and they eat the next day and so forth. You're history! You're the 3rd turd from the top in that big pile in the basement. There's no surviving this movie.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Thanks, Duck Head, that starts my day real good.

You neglected to talk about who will be in control of the military and what the foreign interests will do.

Go watch "Wolverines" again.

HM

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Duck head, you are either fatalistic, or you are mocking us. Even in the very worst situations in today's times it isn't like that. People didn't do that back in the depression. You just need a wood stove, a source of water (well and hand pump is good, or a collection system), etc. Some people in India (and other places) live like this, without refrigeration, motorized transportation, and gravity systems for water, etc. People here just don't know how to do it, and are not used to living that way.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

16. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Recurvey, I'm not mocking anyone. Sorry to spoil your day HM.I thought we were talking about doomsday not just a Depression folks. Lets all pray it will never happen.

17. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We are not the same people we were during the depression. Libs have succeeded in putting us all in different groups then turning us on each other. God help anyone living in the cities. Gangs will be running neighborhoods until the military comes in. My hope is some right wing general takes over the military and takes away power from the left in the government. The opposite could happen. If the right takes control of the military we can have some hope of someday regaining some freedom. If the left takes over it will be shared poverty and a corrupt government forever.

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If people are freezing and starving, then see comforting smoke from your chimney, they will politely knock on your door asking if you have any extra chores they can perform, earning supper for them and the rest of the gang? Then you can bake them a nice little apple pie and send them full bellies merrily on their way... In a perfect world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.