1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't believe I found these

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kyle Spieles, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

Can

We all know how shotgun shells are rising in price. My girlfriend and I shoot about 1250 shells each month so I am always looking for a deal. I went to an indoor shooting range this morning to shoot some handguns and thought I would check some prices on some STS shells. To my surprise, he had Remington STS 12ga 1 1/8 oz shot 8 shot on the shelf for $6.49 a box!!! I couldn't believe it. In this area, you are lucky to find them at $8.75 a box. He had 11 boxes sitting on the shelf and I took them up to the counter. :) I was so happy. The sales guy asked if I needed anymore that he had some in the back. I don't think you could wipe the smile off my face. He told me he would sell me a flat (10 boxes) for $60!!!!! Holy Smokes. That's $6.00 a box. I ended up buying everything he had which was 4 flats and one lonely box. I still can't believe it. I guess sometimes I do get lucky. lol

2. primed

primed Well-Known Member

All you need now is the $2.00 per box rebate form and you will be good to go.

3. willing

willing Member

I just downloaded it yesterday.

Bill

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I am happy for the deal you got. Isn't it a sad day when many people are working for 1/2 what their income was 10 years ago, and we feel lucky when we find $6.50 a box shells?

5. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

now with that money you saved you can now afford to take the girlfriend out to dinner and get married...now that you have a 4 flat shell dowery to offer.

some guys get all the luck

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Two years ago I found about 70 'boxes' of old style AA light 8's being sold in Sports Authority for 3.49 a box. When I saw the closeout price and I told the little kid behind the counter that I'd take them all, he looked at me like I was nuts.

I went in for tennis shoes.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    700 boxes of ammo... the anti's say there is no legitimate need for that much.

8. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

About 3 years ago I went in to K Mart to get some catfish bait. I noticed they had all their shotgun shells for $3.00 a box. I asked what was up and the sporting goods manager said they were clearing them out. My wife headed out to find a cart. I asked if that was for this store only and he said no, all area stores were clearing out and would only offer a very limited selection of shells in the future.

We didn't fish that weekend. We hit every K Mart in a 100 mile radius and I bought every box of AA's they had. Two stores had them @ $2.50 a box. I didn't pay over 3 bucks for any of them. The 12ga shells are long gone, but my wife still has over 60 boxes of 20ga AA's!

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Alway nice when a bargain is found . Many years ago I went into a store and they too had a close-out on eveything because they were closing the whole store . Went into the sporting goods department and they had most of their shells sold but only the 16 ga shells were left . I bought 12 boxes of Remington #4 hunting loads - all that they had - for $.62 a box . Thats when shells were going for about $2.25 . Traded half for 20 ga shells and used most of those #4`s for hunting . I still have 2 boxes left with the sticker price still on to remind me of that day .

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was digging around in the garage cabinets the other day and found 40-4 packs of the Remington Gun Club Promos they used to sell at WalMart @ $15.97 per four pack, not sure why but according to the receipt that was with them I paid $10 per 4 pack ... I usually do not like surprises but in this case I'll make an exception ... Must of been a closeout ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Makes me wonder what the mark up is if these stores can sell them for $3.00 a box?

12. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

G.I. Joe's had a $29/flat deal on Gun Club's a couple of years ago. I cleaned-out four branches.

G.I. Joe's is belly-up and out of business. I feel a little guilty.

13. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I just got back from the state shoot and picked up 4 more flats of sts shells for $68 bucks a piece. Still a great deal but nothing like the deal I found a couple deals ago :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.