1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CANON S95 or PANASONIC LX5 CAMERA?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BAD 303, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Looking for you camera buffs to tell me which of these is the best option for outdoor hunting photos and for posting pics on here. It seeems Canon has the best reputation but the Panasonic gets great reviews from those in the know. The Leica lense helps as well. Post up if you have tried either or are a camera buff. Thanks

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Anyone?

3. rrose

rrose TS Member

I have no experience with that Canon model but I had(lost in divorce) the Panasonic w Leica lens and could not have been happier. It is easy to use and the pics are great.
    randy

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: best option for outdoor hunting photos

Not familiar with either camera, but....

Both camera only offer 3.8X Optical Zoom.

If your looking for hunting closeups, you may want to look at cameras that offer at least 10x zoom.

As for posting on this site, any modern camera will do. Unless posting a photo for someone to download and print, a 72 dpi posting is all that is needed for viewing.

5. Loyac

Loyac Member

The Canon is an great camera (personal experience). The Nikon P300 is just as good, BUT with a faster lens. Worth looking into. John

6. sixten38

sixten38 Member

I have the older Canon S90 and have been very pleased with it, very pocketable and produces great results whether using the full auto or the traditional aperture or shutter priority modes. You really cannot go wrong with either model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.