1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canon G10 or Canon SX20is ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BAD 303, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Any of you camera buffs have any experience with these two cameras(G10 and SX20 is)? I am looking for a good camera for outdoor use(hunting pics)as well as a camera to take pics for things i have to sell on here. Thanks in advance.

2. oz

oz Active Member

I have the sx20is and it is great. they have a new one sx30is that is the same but has a 35x zoom. that's the one I would get. oz

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

All the information on both the 20 and 30 IS Cameras are available at the Canon website.

The web addresses are for the Sx20 IS,

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/digital_cameras/other_powershot/powershot_sx20_is

For the SX30 IS,

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx30_is

I have both Cameras and prefer the 30. First of all for the battery system the 20 uses AA batteries. The 30 uses a Lithium-ion Battery Pack # NB-7L(rechargeable). More expensive but more efficient. There are other small changes that make the 30 a better Camera IMO.

Bob Lawless

4. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

I have the SX200IS and think it is great. 12mp & 12x zoom with rechargeable lithiom-ion battery pack and large view screen. I felt that it was a close to having an SLR with out the bulkiness.It also does HD video. There are a lot of great camera's out there and I bought mine because I felt it was the best bang for the buck at the time.

Dave

5. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

I have a G10 and it is a great camera. It takes very good pictures. Very sharp and good color. The exposure control wheel on the top is very handy since I usually use -1/3 or -2/3 stop and kick up the color saturation to vivid. For a point of reference I also own Nikon D2Xs, D300 and various other small cameras. For a non-action subject in good light at medium focal lengths, the G10 will take as good a picture as anything I have.

6. Ray Courney

Ray Courney TS Member

The G10 is a fantastic camera if you are already photo smart or are willing to devote the time to learn, I have been adjusting my shutter speed and aperture for over 50 years, but find my G9 (very similar to G10) difficult to use. I can still handle my EOS1 pro cameras but the G10 is not as instinctive. If you just want to be a casual photographer try something else.

Shooting is a peace of cake compared to using this camera. Have Fun -- Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.