1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot locate my shotgun on a full gun rack ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by srp41, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srp41

srp41 Member

Where can i find a crome button or so ,to place on the but end for Id.

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I just put a colored wire tie on the trigger guard of my son's BT-99.

A small one at the front, cut off excess plastic.

Easy and cheap.

3. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

This is an Old Trapshooting Buddy of mine (Mr Robert "BAT" Thomas), he never had the problem you talk about not sure why ?

He used to keep an Elastic band around the forend and tell people it was so he would know it was his gun (56inch Barrel), if you look closely you can see the laky band near the end of his forend.

Fantastic attitude for a man in a wheelchair and a great ambassador for our sport.

He does not shoot now-a-days due to ill health, great man and a great shot in his day.

Regards,

Release Trigger.............

4. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

I never put my gun into one of those scratch & dent apparatuses. Where I go my gun goes. Began that practice after witnessing an accident with a dog and a rack of beautiful shotguns. There were more than enough angry and downright saddened people after that deal went down....Cya

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Do something to make your gun stick out of the crowd!
    [​IMG]

6. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

Office supply stores sell sticky "dots" about the size of a dime in bright colors. Stick one on the under side of the forearm to make your gun easily visible in the rack. After the shoot, they come off easy and quick.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I painted my Ljutic Gold. It has been Lime Green and Mauve. Can't miss it.... What are you going to do with a PFS, bondoed grip, and a homemade comb but paint the whole thing.

8. Doughboy

Doughboy Member

This is one of the reasons I purchased one of the magnetic gun rests while on the line. When it's in the rack, it's stuck to the end of the barrel and you can write your name on the sides of it if you want to.

9. warren

warren Member

I found a silver button that fits on the pistol grip and shows my intitials perfectly when it's on the rack I think it was about 50 bucks works good. I did have trouble getting the right gun before that.

warren

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Back in the day when everybody shot BT99, 1100 and M12, it was a problem, so most of us used a labeling machine with the color plastic. We printed out our name and applied the label to the bottom of the trigger guard.

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Mine's usually the only Zoli in the rack.

12. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Thanks for the photo of "Bat" Thomas, brings back memories of the Vandalia Grand. Saw him numerous times. Clyde

13. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

Shoot ocasionally with a husband and wife who both shoot Kolars. Hers had a piece of bright orange yarn tied to the trigger guard. I asked him if it was so she could find her kolar among the other Kolars. He said it was because she couldn't tell a kolar from a Perazzi or Browning!

14. davnport

davnport Member

I am occasionally asked why my name is on a label on the forearm of my M12. I explain that for years I never shot on any squad (excluding doubles) that didn't have multiples of other M12's and the label made it so much easier to find mine in a rack!

Carl Davenport

15. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If you shoot an XT or a Bt99 it can be a problem. I have to agree with Colt1991, just don't put it in a rack to begin with. I've not had a problem with dogs or kids it's the crusty old trapshooters who reach way across and pull their old gun banging into everything in between, some who have guns that cost more than my car.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Take a piece of really bright colored paper, rool it up stick it in the end of the barrel when its sitting in the rack ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Bat was at a shoot in PA a few years ago and some dufus filed a complaint that he was shooting from the 27 and his bbl was closer to the target than his. Talk about stupid. 27 yds from the hip. Great shooter and a great man, always had a smile for everyone.

18. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

I was at a backyard shoot a couple of years back, and asked my kid to get me Parker. He brought me a gun, but the damned ammo wouldn't chamber!

WTF?

He'd brought me a 16....mine was a 12. There were several to choose from!

LOL

19. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

You could do this.

[​IMG]

20. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

True story: during the 1970's I attended a registered shoot at Elliotts in KC. Perazzi s.b.'s were new on the market. I had my Perazzi S.B. w/release trigger in a gun rack inside the clubhouse. When my squad came up, my gone was gone from the rack. As I start to panic, a guy who just finished his event walks in, goes to the gun rack and deposits my gun in the rack. I said to him-"are you aware that is my gun?" He was not and apologized profusely. His Perazzi was next to mine so he mistakenly picked up and used the wrong gun. Not only did he not notice the difference in the two guns but he shot a pull trigger. He shot all 100 targets and never noticed...now that's concentration.

True Story!

milt

PS, Bat was a great guy. Probably never be another Bat. Thanks for posting his pic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.