1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cancer Pic Of Chewing Tobbacco. Not Pretty

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Here are pic's of what will or could happen if you chew tobbacco. Not pretty and I hope you have not had dinner.

You can also go and Google under "chewing tobbacco cancer pic's" for more pic's and a video. Again not pretty but real pic's of what could happen in time.

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

And Gretchen Wilson says "I want a man with a Skoal ring" - nasty stuff.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We had a dentist on our trap team, also had a young guy who thought the chew thing was cool. He quit cold after Happy Tooth brought him some of these pictures.

Damn. If I was a girl I wouldn't kiss anyone using that crap.

HM

4. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

I used to be a snuff user, my son told me I was going to be a grandfather about 14 years ago. I put the snuff can down and havent picked it back up since! You know though, if I am around anyone who opens a can, I still get that smell!
    Good Luck!

wpairishshot

5. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Dead is dead and the dead person’s family will miss their loved ones however, they die. We should be careful of casting stones at glass houses...

My father in law died age 57 of a massive heart attack. IT was his 3rd or 4th one, he was 75 pounds overweight. He refused to lose the weight. He smoked as well which obviously combined with the obesity was literally too much for his heart to handle.

Point, it is good to encourage people not to use tobacco, however, I am not seeing the same Dead is dead, and the dead persons family will miss their loved ones however they die. We should be careful of casting stones at glass houses...

My father in law died age 57 of a massive heart attack. IT was his 3rd or 4th one, he was 75 pounds overweight. He refused to lose the weight. He smoked as well which obviously combined with the obesity was literally too much for his heart to handle.

Point, it is good to encourage people not to use tobacco, however, I am not seeing the same zealousness to encourage the majority of shooters who are lard asses, myself included to lose 50-100 pounds and cut their risks by more than half with certain kinds of cancers, heart disease, diabetes, etc...

I try and not judge, but unfortunately I do and IMO, I do not see a difference between a fellow that is thin puffing on a cigarette or chewing tobacco vs. a fat guy shoving his second chili hot dog in his mouth while the extra-large Pepsi sets on the table next to him.

Unhealthy life style choices come in all varieties and my point being, yes, mouth cancer is visually graphic, and in most cases, the person dies prematurely. Moreover, although death from heart disease, colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, diabetes, etc... while not visually graphic in some cases, it still results in death.

So let us also start pounding out obesity in this country. I know I should lose 30 pounds according to the BMI charts...to encourage the majority of shooters who are lard asses, myself included to lose 30-100 pounds and cut their risks by more than half with certain kinds of cancers, heart disease, diabetes, etc...

Mash the link to see where you rank.

6. Auctioneer

7. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Got a friend whos dad got oral cancer and never chewed or smoked a day in his life. How much more chance do you have if you do!!!!

Steve

8. Auctioneer

Up for all to see.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Were you not a smoker for years Mr. Auctioneer?

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A high school kid here was dipping two cans a day.

He lost his entire lower mouth - jaw, tongue and all - to cancer.

And that didn't stop it. Lost his life a few months later.

11. Auctioneer

Shannon391, yes I did and I stopped 18 years ago. That was between 1974 to 1994. I started before people knew what it was doing to your body and stopped once the info was coming out. In other words I wised up with age.

12. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Some of us must have been luckier than others! I chewed from 1973 until 2011! I had my dentist check everytime and he wanted to know why as he could not tell! I guess when you water picked 2-3 times a day and used proper brushing and moved the dip around, or, I was just plain lucky! By the way, I quit because of tired of the cost! I would love one right now also! Furthermore, they used to show pics warning about venereal diseases also! Tom Rhoads

13. Auctioneer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.