1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cancelations and Refunds?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mixer, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

What's your SOP for refunds when a shoot is cancelled/rained out after the shoot starts? Example: squads 1, 2, 3, & 4 are shooting, a massive rain/lightening storm comes up. After 2+ hours of no let up in sight a lot of shooters don't want to/can't stay and the shoot is cancelled. Those who have not shot get full refunds. Would you refund all those who have shot part of the event?

Eric

2. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I'm not sure of the official rules but on first glance re3fund all fees and pay for targets on only finished full rounds of 25. Interesting question.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'd suggest full refund for those that haven't shot and charge only practice fees for those that have. If there were a number of folks that got their 100 in, I'd offer to register their event if they wanted, with honors only, no trophies or cash.....Bob Dodd

4. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Bob, would you return their option money too?

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

absolutely return all option money 100%

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Hippie, of course - with the only exception for those that wanted to go ahead and register their completed event (if any) but, of course, the potential payoff would be minimal. I would look at the situation, generally as a practice day for those that had shot but didn't want to register or complete an event and refund all the other money. I probably would put out a jar and ask shooters to contribute to people that would have to be paid for their work or service but I'd make it optional. Better to be generous and understanding than hard nosed and keep anything from those that had to cancel. Heck, I might even break out the hot dogs for a free treat for those that honored my club by coming at all......Bob Dodd

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

The ATA rules only cover option money. All of this, less breakage, must be returned in some form to the shooters. It would be difficult to determine option winners in a partially completed event and the easiest thing to do is refund it.

The ATA rules do not, and should not, cover entry fees. This is a management decision. The scores for completed sub events must be reported to the ATA and those shooters would have to pay the ATA and State daily fees.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.