1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canadians/ Vancouver, B.C.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Woods, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Thinking about attending the Canadian Trapshoot in Vancouver, B.C.
    Anyone got any info. Hotels, Ammo Availability.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

Joe Woods /Ontario

2. Hooked

Hooked Member

Hi Joe,

The program for the Canadians should be posted on the Vancouver Gun Club website in the next 7 - 10 days. The program will have informaton on local hotels (we are trying to negotiate some preferred rates for shooters).

In terms of ammunition availability, Winchester, Remington and Federal shells will be available and pricing will be dependant on what the club will be able to buy them at.

Look forward to seeing you out west.

Brian

3. Hooked

Hooked Member

The 55th Annual Canadian Trapshooting Championships is now up on PreSquad.com. An online version of the program is also available from the website above.

Thanks!

Brian

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

PM sent to Brian

5. Joe Woods

Not attempting to stir a pot.
    But in order to compete at this shoot it is necessary (compulsury) to be a PITA
    member . Do all need to be members of both. I always thought there were ATA sponsored trophies at this shoot.
    I am just asking.
    I have full attentions to attend.

Joe Woods/Ontario

6. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I'm confused, I was under the belief that the shoot in Vancouver BC is the "Canadian National Shoot"( is it the same shoot that was held in Calary last year) is a ATA shoot that allows you to cross register PITA targets.OR is the Vancouver Shoot a Canadian National PITA SHOOT?

Is there another Canadian National ATA shoot somewhere else?

Thanks

7. Hooked

Hooked Member

Shawn is entirely correct in his comments. Also, to add to his comments, the shoot is a national shoot put on by the Canadian Trapshooting Association. The CTA is an organization that is independent from either the ATA or PITA, however, the tournaments that are put on by the CTA may follow either PITA or ATA rules and be sanctioned by one or the other association.

In regard to joining the PITA for the 55th Canadian Trapshooting Championships, first time members will have to pay $10.00 rather than the regular $20.00 annual fee. For shooters to be eligible for the ATA trophies, they will have to cross-register their targets and be a current member of the ATA. Memberships to the ATA will be available at the time of registration with a membership fee of $20.00

Regards,

Brian

8. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Thanks for clarifying!The shoot last year was great and am looking forward to this year's.I found it very easy to drive across the border w/ guns etc.

9. Joe Woods

So all shooters at event will belong to both ATA & PITA to be eligible for all trophies.PITA (only)shooters are not receiving ATA trophies.
    This is a PITA event.in Vancouver , B.C. Canada.
    I assume there will be PITA shooters who will not join ATA.

Joe Woods/Ontario

10. Hooked

Hooked Member

Joe,

To answer your question in a word: Yes...BUT...in order to be eligible for both PITA and ATA trophies, you must not only be a member of both associations, but you MUST ALSO cross-register your targets with the ATA.

In regard to PITA shooters not joining the ATA, most PITA members in BC and the Pacific Northwest are already members of the ATA so this is generally not an issue. There may be some PITA shooters who are not ATA members, but that is more the exception than the rule.

Brian

11. Joe Woods

Thankyou Brian, Hopeful we will meet , I am sure we will.

All the Best.

Joe Woods/Ontario

12. ddsflyer

ddsflyer TS Member

Be careful they don't make you shoot steel because the lead might poison the clay pigeons.

13. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Not very likely, Toddy. I had planed to come, but other issues got in the way. Bill Malcolm

14. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Reg, real sorry to hear about your brother. But remember you still have a(trapshooting) family here - don't abandon us!

best always,
    Barbara Sheldon

15. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

What do you have to do to bring your guns into Canada? Recently I spoke with a Canadian friend who informed me that bringing guns into Canada is a big deal and if you don't follow the rules you will be sorry?
    Tom

16. Hooked

Hooked Member

Hi Tom,

Everything you need to know can be obtained from Joe Potosky's website listed above.

Thanks as always to Joe for making things easy when it comes to getting the facts on how to travel between the border with our firearms.

Brian

17. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: bring your guns into Canada

If you have not crossed into Canada in the past year or so...

The one thing is to make sure you either have an ENHANCED drivers license or a PASSPORT when driving, as that is what is required when returning to the USA.

If flying you need a PASSPORT.

18. Joe Woods

If you need help to get to Canada. Just ask for help.
    I recommend the lost target web site.
    Joe Woods/Ontario

19. Joe Woods

Well I made it to Victoria, B.C. , actually I am in Honeymoon Bay. B.C.
    North of Victoria, Heading to ferry tomorrow. Vancouver bound, to shoot at Canadian championship , Saturday & Sunday.

Joe Woods/Ontario

20. Joe Woods

Home from 2 weeks in British Columbia, Very enjoyable trip. Attended the Canadian Trapshooting championship 55th in Richmond,B.C.
    First time I have shot PITA rules.
    Hope to do it again. Had a good time.Did anyone see a copy of Handicap/Special Event & Payoff Sheets 2010.

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting in vancouver bc