1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canadians get nicer stuff!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AveragEd, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

My daughter and son bought me a new rifle for a combination Christmas and birthday gift (I turned 60 last month). It was one of a special run made by Remington to the specifications of a large distributor and was intended for sale in Canada. It is a Model 700 in stainless steel with a brown laminated thumbhole stock and 26" barrel chambered for the 300 Remington Ultra Mag. It just arrived last week and I noticed a couple of things about it that are unique to export guns.

First though, what's different about it than a standard Model 700 LSS is that the laminated stocks on most stainless guns are gray and thumbhole stocks are not available on stainless guns.

What's different about it than one made for sale in the U.S.? First, there's no goofy "J-Lock" on the bolt shroud (although Remington tells me that shooter dislike of the "J-Lock" has prompted them to begin phasing it out in 2007) and the barrel is not of the, as I refer to it, "safe-sex" variety. It isn't covered with reminders to read the owner's manual before using the gun and if you don't have a manual, where to get one. The usual proof marks, "Remington Arms co., Ilion, New York" and "300 Rem Ultra Mag" are the only markings on it! It is a refreshing difference from what we're accustomed to.

Ed

2. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

ED, I know what you mean about the gray laminated stocks. I recently looked at BT 99 stainless with the thumb hole stock, I was interested but the stock reminded me of the plywood used for concrete forms, not my bag. Hope you enjoy your new toy.

Tom R.

3. mouldman1

mouldman1 TS Member

they also get more alcohol in their beer!

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Thank our gang in DC for all the extra little blessing we recieve as Americans...oh and lets not forget all those wonderful practicing attorneys too

5. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

I wonder if the handguns from Canada are like that, too...oh wait...

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Here is some nice "stuff" from Canada.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hauxfan!

7. bmcraeca

bmcraeca TS Member

>I wonder if the handguns from Canada are like that, too...oh wait...

Um handguns in Canada are nice too (and yes available) although a significant subset of those available in the USA. (generally no .25 or .32 and barrels all over 4 inches)

Brad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.