1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canadian town overrun by bunnies.....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Naturally no one has come up with the obvious solution...hunt them and eat them.<br>
    <br>
    Canadian mountain town mulls bunny crackdown<br>
    Mon Mar 5, 7:10 PM ET<br>
    <br>
    A Canadian Rocky Mountain town is surveying residents on whether a ballooning rabbit population that's chewing and burrowing its way through gardens and lawns should be rounded up and euthanized.<br>
    <br>
    Canmore, Alberta, just outside the gate of Banff National Park, has found itself inundated with rabbits, and dealing with property damage, years after domesticated animals were set free in the picturesque community, Mayor Ron Casey said on Monday.<br>
    <br>
    "They've been populating one area of town for likely 20 years or more, but the numbers have increased over the last four or five years for a variety of reasons, so now they've spread out a little wider," Casey said.<br>
    <br>
    One likely reason is fewer predators like coyotes are wandering into Canmore due the booming population of humans lured by high-priced mountain vacation properties, he said.<br>
    <br>
    Casey said he could not confirm media reports pegging bunny numbers at more than 1,000.<br>
    <br>
    "I know I can look out the front door of my house virtually any time and see four to six rabbits."<br>
    <br>
    The town is asking its 11,500 residents to fill out questionnaires so it can find out how many support a rabbit crackdown amid a flood of complaints to town hall.<br>
    <br>
    "But it's also a love-hate thing -- this is not a common viewpoint among everybody," Casey said. "I would say, if anything, what we saw last year is almost a 50-50 split between people who said, 'Hey, leave them alone -- who cares?' and those who said, 'You've got to do something about them'."<br>
    <br>
    Results from the survey are expected in about one month.

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

So are these slow moving Bunnies like above that might be road kill anyway.

Or are they the flashy looking bunnies like below.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I guess they might be the Cotton tail type instead.

fog

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Canmore is the same town where a young woman on cross-country skis was stalked and killed by a couger a few years ago. I'd rather have a few excess bunnies instead of cougers.

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

reminds me of my high school days back home.........a mate of mine had ferrets and we would pack the ferrets and a bunch of nets and head out into the fields and trap rabbits all day long. the rabbits were everywhere. we ate our share and gave them away to the neighbors. seems everybody ate rabbit back then. the most fun was when we were allowed to take the shotgun and leave the nets at home and try and take out the rabbits as they blasted out of the burrows at a million miles per hour. man that was fun.

well, it was fun until the ferrets caught some bunnies (young) and we had to dig them out.

they might try mixamotosis.......

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

They wouldn't have this population problem if they would have had some forethought and turned these kind of bunnies lose instead.

6. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Gordo old mate.............i've been admiring the pictures of your inventory you've been posting of late but this effort.........what can i say.

i'll take 2

:)

7. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

If you guys would send the Naysayers a few Rabbit Pot Pies , I`ll bet the you would get a majority vote for elimination to the kitchen . Mighty tasty .

8. BL

BL Member

I wish to be overrun by the bunnie in the picture. At my age one will be more than ample.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.