1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canadian Snowbird says "Thanks"

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by white rattler, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white rattler

white rattler Member

Canadian Snowbird says

After 6 months and 25,000 registered targets, it's time to clear out of Arizona and head for the hills. My sincere thanks go to the clubs that host the winter chain. I know the amount of effort and planning that goes into running a proper shoot and the folks here certainly work hard at providing us with well run shoots. Already looking forward to next winter. It should be a good one with new management at Casa Grande and re-opening for registered shooting at Ben Avery. Last, I would like to thank the Arizona Trapshooting Association for running one of the best state shoots I've ever attended. It was good to see such a good turn-out of shooters at Tucson (maybe 350) despite the trend of lower numbers at registered shoots overall. The Youth Program gets a big pat on the back for the Saturday night free steak supper, there were shot-gun give-a-ways, a beautiful $30,000 trophy package, the shooting costs were discounted, and there was added money. Don't know how ASTA continues to put on such premier state shoots with the limited revenue that is generated for the association. Whatever the trick is, I hope it continues!!! Finally, I would like to extend a personal invitation to any trapshooters who would like to come to Alberta this summer. There is registered shooting from May 1 to the end of September and we guarantee a good time in wild rose country. Call me for details (403-278-5489 or trevdawe@shaw.ca). trevor dawe

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Canadian Snowbird says

Trevor...watch out for the snow drifts on your way home...looks like Spring has taken a detour for a bit....have a safe trip home!!

Big Ron

3. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Canadian Snowbird says

Your welcome,

Tucson Trap and Skeet Club is my home town club, and While I won't say we are perfect, I like the atmosphere here as much as anywhere.

Have you had a chance to shoot Doulbe Adobe, the four trap club about 2 hours southeast of Tucson, While I have shot all the winter chain sights at least once, and have liked then all, for me DA is the most relaxing, neetest setup I have yet shot.

Have you had a chance to try the resteraunts on north 4TH AVE,

My favorites are:

BUMSTEADS, sandwitch shop, And yes it named after the cartoon, and if you do bring a friend one of there sandwitches will fill up two people, and great food to boot. If you don't think I know what I am saying here, you may remember me from Tucson this year, I only shoot at Garden canyon once all my other scores are homegrown this year, I was about the largest person around, and wearing a yellow shirt, I didn't get that way by being a small eater!

La Indita, one of the better Mexican resteraunts in town!

Broklyn Pizza, thin crust the way it's ment to be.

There is also Caruso's for Italin.

Athen's,

"B"Line

Pancho Villa's a good Mexican place.

Martine's, this guy is a cook, but he'll also tell you he is, Mexican food.

And a couple more

Ya ALL COME BACK now, HEAR.

AL

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Canadian Snowbird says

Dang ... thats like 5 rounds of registered trap a day, 7 days a week for 6 months straight. Is there really ranges in Arizona that throw ATA registered targets 7 days a week?

5. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Canadian Snowbird says

yes there are!!!!

And a few that have narathon Monday's,

More shooting cheaper, no trophies just good clean fun!

Al

6. grammie

grammie TS Member

Canadian Snowbird says

Lumper:

Where do you think shooters go to amass thousands of targets in a very short time????

Hell man,,,,during the winter chain shoots,,I would card 700 per week,,,and not shoot all the events!!! Most of the winter shoots are a week long and involve 1200 or more targets,,,You can shoot registered every day of month somewhere in Arizona during the chain,,,and there is a shoot almost every week the rest of the time....

We held the record for most targets shot on average,,,,On average,,Each and every shooter from Arizona shoots more than 4,000 targets per year,,,many card over 20,000 per year,,,I only shot about 14,000 per year,,,,I averaged around 7 to 8 thousand handicap targets from the 27 per year,,,the rest went to singles and doubles!!!

Arizona shooters are top-notch,,,many,many times a 97 won't get you in the money at all,,,just another 97!!!

To give you an idea,,,,Double Adobe had three traps,,(now 4),,But that little club threw more than 800,000 registered targets per year,,,But,,you see,, the shooters home state gets credit for those targets and not Arizona,,,,Truth be known,,,Arizona is the shooting center of the universe,,,,Those eastern shooters that amass thousands of targets,,,shot them in Arizona!!!!

AKA Grammie..........

7. JRW

JRW Member

Canadian Snowbird says

BigazAl; You forgot to mention the Silver Saddle, great Steaks. Spent 3 plus weeks in Tucson wife liked it the best of the places we stayed. Jerry in MI.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Canadian Snowbird says

There is definately something to be said for the Winter time in Arizona ... I had to wear long pants for almost two weeks this year again, must be that Ozone crap that makes the cold weather stay so long ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. white rattler

white rattler Member

Canadian Snowbird says

Ljutic 73, Ron I am taking the long way home. I will be at Redlands shooting doubles for a while. Eating at In and Out and shooting doubles with a new gun. Things are good. Trevor Dawe.

10. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Canadian Snowbird says

New Doubles gun and I was gonna suggest you talk to Ray Stafford about a top single as he was using one last fall. The 6 inches new snow we got should be gone by the time you get here, have a safe trip.

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Canadian Snowbird says

new gun???...tell me more....a Perazzi something or other no doubt>>>

Big Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.