1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canada Crossing @ BC

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coker, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coker

coker TS Member

Hi guys,
    I know you have all the answers,
    I am driving my car to Canada via Seattle to BC , I will be visiting Canada for the weekend after doing some trap shooting in the Seattle area and I don't want to leave my guns in the trunk of my car and enter Canada, I don't want to do any paper work.
    I really don't have anybody to leave my guns with, before entering Canada.
    I was thinking on some storage place or something,
    any ideas please. c.

2. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I've had border patrol guys suggest I leave them at a local sporting goods store this side of the border. Maybe Yeager's Sporting Goods on Northwest Avenue in Bellingham. Or Kesselring Gun Shop on Old Highway 99, a few miles north of Burlington. Both are fine, friendly, reputable businesses, who've been there for generations. Phil E

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

When are you going to be doing this?? I might have room for a couple of shotguns in my gun safe at no charge.

4. coker

coker TS Member

Thanks guys,
    I checked on those places in Bellingham, seems like a lot of people find places to store things before crossing into BC. A gun dealer said he charges $30 bucks per gun, and we have to do "full" paperwork, like a purchase and then a sale, and he doesnt work on Sundays, which I am planning on comming back. Called other too, but it seems like paper work is a must.
    I read there is an Exxon gas station at Bellingham with lockers, you pay and you put your own locker. Simmilarly, the Greyhound station in Seattle has lockers big enough for suitcases at $8.- per day with a max of 8 days. I don't know about the legalities of storing a suitcase with guns though.

I will be shooting at the Renton ( bunker) range, called them about that and they told me No Problem, leave your guns here, and go to Canada. Seems they have a place and I am not the only one.

I will go tomorrow the 21st and be back on Sunday.

I need to work this out, sometimes I go Pistol shooting north at Kenmore and I am planning on more short visits to BC. I must find a way around. I mean whithout troubling friends and stuff. thanks,

C.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Careful here.... NEVER UPS A GUN UNLESS A DEALER (FFL) IS INVOLVED AT ONE END. UPS states that a FFL Holder must be involved in the transaction.

TB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.