1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Canada anyone?? Maybe not!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Frank C, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

What is the issue with the Canadian Govt? (rhetorical question)

you just might be a person not suitable to enter Canada..

2. talker

talker TS Member

T-F-B

3. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Yah, those rules have been hitting us guys heading south for years. It only took our Gov a few decades to catch up.
    When I got married in Las Vegas my wife’s Bro in law (and his wife) tried to come with us. we agreed to pay for the Airline tickets. Anyhow turned out my now Bro in law got nailed for having a joint when he was 18 (he was 28 when we got married)He was turned away by US customs. He didn’t make the trip, his wife was so upset she didn’t go and we ate 2 airline tickets.
    That was 8 years ago

Calgary guy

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Personally I'm appalled. Here we have protests going on in Florida condeming the term "Illegal Alien" and our neighbor to the north has the gaul to question the history of people entering their country?

If they can filter out a pot smoker, imagine what they might do with a suspected terrorist? I realize this might intimidate the liberals, let's here it for the conservatives!

Robert

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

How dare they try to keep undesirable people out of Canada! Sounds like a good idea to me. Wish we did the same thing.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Everytime I've been through Canadian customs it's been a hassel. I will not go there anymore.

7. Frank C

Its all about the money....you can get the record cleared if you choose to pay to have it done. Unless you have to go there for business, I will keep my money and tourism business here

8. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Never had any problems entering or coming back from Canada. Although, things are a bit pricey, I found the people nice and very accomadating.

Rick

9. Frank C

So when will an "undesirable" be a person who once had a parking ticket?? Why isn't everyone PO'd about the fact that OUR gov't is sharing PERSONAL info with other F$%^&* countries....course the sheeple like talker and bridgetoofar will just roll over and say it is a good idea until THEY are affected then you will hear the blubbering! I don't give a damn about Canada eh, I am po'd about our fools in congress.
    Sign on a mens room hand-drier blower in the capitol bldg. in Washington "Press here for a message from Congress"

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

post 911 the US Customs have been pretty surly too on the occasions I crossed the border. I have always spoken respectfully to those officers and answered thier questions in as forthright a mnner as I can. Sort of got the impression they'd just as soon that I'd have stayed home....and then I've been treated well too. Have'nt shot in the US since before 911 and haven't gone through the hassle of getting my permit from the ATF and finding out about the hunting licence BS everyone talks about that supposedly makes it easier to cross....maybe this year. AS for Canadian customs, they've had thier fair share off A-holes working the Coutts/Sweetgrass border crossing too, but they have a tough job to do and a very busy port to guard.

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

Our tax dollars at work.

Sharing "useless" information about citizens to "protect" our borders. What a crock of $hit.

And then we need to hire lawyers to "clear our names". Now that is "productive GNP" for you.

Don

12. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Frank C. is right.....they use OUR info that we let them have. That's crap. I used to go up fishing all the time....no more.

13. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Been there fishing three times,hunting once.

We were 180 miles north of Red Lake.
    No one there but us.

Not even an Indian.

Would I go back?
    Yes, we ran into a few people not too friendly.
    Not in town long enough to be around many people.

Back thru the Border somewhat different.

Two cars in our group.
    The other car a friend of mine was in.
    He is a male nurse.

To make a long story short.
    He had a first aid kit with a syringe in it and pain killer in case someone got a hook buried,not real smart.

Well they got checked. Seats out of car,film out of camera,etc.
    Four hours later they were on their way.

Bo

14. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I have never had a problem crossing into Canada, not have I had any problems returning to the states.

Not much of a big deal as far as I'm concerned. I usually have two to three shotguns in the vehicle, along with ammunition, either going to returning from a shoot.

I had a fellow shooter (American) have a problem. After crossing the border for a number of years, Canadian cutoms one day ran his name in the computer. It turns out he was convicted of SELLING drugs in his home town, a number of years back.

15. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

1986 my father flew into B.C. ahead of me to attend a family friends wedding . Bcause of work I drove up 2 days later . Bet my father 20 bucks I might get hassled being a 22 male lone driver he say's I've been killing moose for 20 years up thier no problem . After being cuffed and set on the curb in the rain in only a teeshirt and watch my truck ripped a part [ door panels spare tire etc ] then they actualy did a good job of putting it back together my father shook his head and handed me 40 bucks. Next and last time I went to Canada was to scatter his ashes in his beloved hunting grounds . Beautiful country some nice people but I am not going back . Jay

16. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

frank c

How do you know where the Canadians got their info?

How do you make the link between that info and our Congress?

Do you have the slightest idea of how much free and open information is available to anyone over the internet?

What's wrong with the concept of wanting to stem the flow of undesirable people into Canada... or the US....or your State.... or your neighborhood?

Tell us what you were arrested for that would cause the Canadians to make you turn around at the border and go back to your trailer park?

17. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I cross the border many times per year sometimes with my trap guns. The only problems I have had are with the ever changing requirements for food products. One time on the U.S. side they made us put a perfectly good frozen pizza into the garbage can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.