1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you put ejectors into a BT99?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Matthew Moser, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Moser

Matthew Moser TS Member

Hey, does anybody know if you can put shell ejectors into a Browning BT99? If so, let me know.
    Matthew

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

It should already have them. John

3. jtf650

jtf650 Member

I think the "new" BT99s, i.e., post BT100, are extract only. Maybe the higher grade models eject. As to the original question, I'm not positive but I doubt it. I have the satin extract-only BT100, and I've read that it can't be converted to eject. There's a necessary part of the mechanism that just isn't there- no doubt a cost-saving measure. It never bothered me since I reload and want to save the hull anyway. James Fawcett

4. jtf650

jtf650 Member

The normal high gloss BT100s could be set to eject or extract. The satin, el cheapo BT100 lacked some of the bells and whistles and could extract only. James Fawcett

5. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Some of the new BT 99 models are extract only - this information is available off the Browning Web site. The higher grade models like the golden clays model or the nickle grey stainless model do not say "extract only", so they may eject and if they do, parts might be available for retro-fit.

6. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"the 99 ejects."

The newer ones do not eject, the specifications are on this link;

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/catcopy.asp?cat=009B

Copied from the link; ?Extractor The BT-99 features an extractor only."

7. Matthew Moser

Matthew Moser TS Member

Thanks you guys. My BT99 does not lift the shells up very much to extract, so I just thought that I might be able to put ejectors into it to save myself the trouble. Thanks again, Matthew.

8. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

FYI & reference;

Mine is a 2005 manufacture, bought NIB last Feb. and lifts the shell 3/8" above the breech end of the barrel when fully open.

I could be imagining this but I seem to have seen some guns made 3 or 4 years ago that did not lift them as high, could be O.T.L. on that though.

9. Matthew Moser

Matthew Moser TS Member

My BT was made in 2003, so it is fairly knew. I am the second owner, but the guy before me only shot it once, so I mainly got it brand new. I shot an older one at one time and noticed that it ejected it a little more than my BT. Maybe I need to put some grease or something to losen it up?

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Browning had a model...BT-99-2001. This gun did not eject. Machining operations on the forend were omitted, for the ejector hammer and spring. I think also they omitted the hole in the receiver for the ejector trip rod.

Doug

11. steevo

steevo TS Member

Hi guys. I am buying a BT99 Plus model. Does anyone know if it will have ejectors or not? Thanks, Steve

12. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

The older BT99's lift the shell further than the newer BT99's. I bought a used BT99 (2001 model) and had a hard time grabbing the shell with gloves on. I compared the extractor height to my friends older BT99 and his lifted the shell much further. I ordered a replacement extractor (2 pieces) thinking mine was worn or damaged. Turns out they were fine. I can't see any practicle way to lift the shell further on my newer BT99 without major work.

I was (just for fun) contiplating drilling a small recieving hole in between the 2 pieces of the extractor to hold a short spring, just enough to add an 1/8 inch more lift.

Hawk,

13. trap4u2

trap4u2 Member

Steevo,
    My wifes bt-99 plus, micro, ejects. Joe B.

14. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

I shot a Golden clays BT 99 last nite; smokes targets but does not eject.

15. steevo

steevo TS Member

Thanks Joe. Appreciate it Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.