1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you identify this Timney trigger?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jdsfarms, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

When I got this trigger It was identified on this forum and by a gunsmith as a Timney 870 speedlock trigger,I have it for sale on another thread and someone commented that it is not a timney speedlock trigger I have a bunch of people wanting it but am hesitant to sell it until I have properly identified it any help would be appreciated.Thanks Jerry
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Can you identify this trigger?

Looks to me like an 1100 release without the bottom closer button and the proper hammer? The photo isn't showing the catch notch for the release hook?

Hap

3. jdsfarms

Fits in an 870 and works perfectly better than any 1100 or 11-87 release I have used just couldn't shoot the 870 it was too flat shooting for me.Jerry

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Its a Timney Steel release for an 870 Remington. The hook does not catch the hammer, it catches the primary sear and pulls it back when you release the trigger. The button on the bottom "un-sets" the release so you can open the gun if you don't need to shoot. There is no safety on the trigger. These are highly sought after by 870 shooters and one in this condition should fetch $300.00 or so.

Bob Schultz

5. duck smackers

duck smackers TS Member

Email me a price. Thanks Tyler

6. jdsfarms

Thanks BOB I will edit my for sale post.Jerry

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Speed lock triggers were adjustable and are not too common the one here is a steel 870 release his standard trigger and is as good as they get it will last a life time built like a bank vault a great trigger made by a master trigger maker. His older triggers were excellent quality was not as high in the end but he was in his 80's by then. These triggers sell for 250.00 to 300.00 and are no longer made and the price will rise in time I'm sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.