1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THE NAME OF THESE FRAMES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goodhookset, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodhookset

goodhookset TS Member

Can anyone tell me the type of frame that these lenses are in. I've had them for 30+years and am thinking about having prescription lenses made for these frames. Another question to trapshooters who use prescription lenses? If I'm going to just use them for trapshooting, and not reading, do I need bifocals in them. Thanks in advance for the responses, it's greatly appreciated.
    LEON

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I think they are from Allan Lehman Optical and Decot can make replacement lenses for them.

Bob Schultz

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Can't help you with the brand name of the frames...it looks like the lens are attached by screws!!? If no one comes up with a name, e-mail the picture to the various lens makers to see if they can make custom lens for you.

Unless you need to see/read something like choke tube designations or score sheets, you do not need bi-focals.

Jason

4. Steve R

Steve R Member

Those are made by Tasco. Years ago I had a set with a vermillion color lens. Lost one of the screws that holds the lens on and had to upgrade.

Steve Ricketts

5. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

The frames and lenses look like Sheffield's. Jim Sheffield from Texas produced his own line of glasses and lenses 30 years ago. His big seller was 'Sheffield Target Browns'. They were a great color and allowed you to see the target sharply.

Jim Sheffield passed away years ago. His daughter was selling his products after his death but I don't know if the business still survives.

On your second question I like bi-focals in mine in case something happens on the line or to my gun. I don't have to find my reading glasses - just look through my shooting bi-focals. I got the small version that sets low on the lense so it doesn't interfere with shooting.

Michael Stephenson

6. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Leon...........I have some much new and better used frames that I would give you if you would let me make your some RX lenses!..........Tom

My email is thomasahoppe@netzero.com if I can help

7. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I disagree with the one post above, I also wear prescription glasses for shooting, and when i got my first pair I did not think that I would need Progressive Lenses either ( Bi-focals without the line ) Boy was i wrong every time i wanted to look at something close, like the chamber of My gun or a scoreboard i could not read or see it good at all so then i got a pair of Bi focals, I hated the line but i could see when i use them properly Well this last summer i got Frank Riverly, acclaimed shooter and Obstetrician to fit Me for a pair of Progressive Lenses and i Love them, Frank did say that if you are new to progressive Lenses you may not like them but I have had then for years and I simply love Mine< I got the precription clear and then i got all of the colors i wanted in the clip on style Randolf Rangers

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

They are the original, old style screw-through-the-lens DECOTS from the circa 1970-1980.

I have several pairs exactly like them here in a cabinet that I purchased from Bud DeCot in the mid-late 70's and early 80's.

Whiz White

9. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Check and see if there is "made in Australia" on the right temple frame. If so, the frames were made for the Decot compamy. There are very few manufactures (3 or 4) of shooting frames world wide, but a lot marketing groups putting their name and or logo on a frame. Lenses interchange.

Maltzie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.