1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BT-100dc, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Before the election in November, 2012, a few on this blog argued that Obama wasn't anti-gun, it was Romney who would have banned assault weapons (whatever the hell one defines as an assault weapon since assault weapons are fully automatic rifles or carbines probably starting with the MP-42 during WWII as the modern assault rifle.). Does anyone, with all due respect, believe the liberal wing of the Democrat Party (including governors, senators and representatives whether state or U.S. Congress), if within their power to do so, would disarm, destroy and violate your 2nd Amendment rights? On Wednesday, Jan. 16th, looks like Obama, with a backdrop of kids, is going to lay out his plans of gun control. You liberals on this blog, with all due respect, should look in the mirror and evaluate what you're about. I've grown up with guns and believe in our 2nd Amendment rights. Do you? How can you continue to support this lunacy when you know it will ultimately result in a burden to those who love the shooting sports? BT100dc

2. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Where-o-where are the liberals? Do you or did you ever believe in the 2nd Amendment (with all due respect)? My grandfather, born in 1895 in Hazard, Kentucky, a life-long Democrat, would roll over in his grave if he knew what is going on today. He taught me how to shoot. BT100dc

3. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

BT100dc,

There aren't any liberals that frequent this site that have enough TESTICLES to answer your questions. Seem every time someone explains something to a lib with logic, they crawl in a hole.

Chuck

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Still believe "compromise" will save us? That if we "give up" on a couple things...they'll let us keep the rest?

Put another way: did it look like the legislators in New York were looking for "compromise?"

Anyone should be ashamed for coming on a gun site and publicly suggesting we give up some things so the antis will like" us. I think the compromisers need to look at what happened in NY and examine the contents of their heads, closely. We (mostly) all have kids of our own, and deplore the death of innocent children, but to get all soft in the head and let your brains dribble down your leg is inexcusable of an intelligent, logical man.

5. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I was disappointed that I couldn't learn from the liberals on this site as they have now taken on a "stealth" or a "hit-and-run" approach. I have since read that the Delaware governor (apparently another liberal) is planning on attacking its citizens' 2nd Amendment rights. I mean not to affend Democrats (as I know there are good people who are Democrats who don't support these wackballs who have hijacked the Party) but I don't give a rat's a$$ about affending any liberal who's not pro 2nd Amendment. Shooting sports and gunowners will be facing being demonize by the people who were elected to represent us. This is so wrong and immoral. BT100dc

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

It reminds me of a pet coon. What it don't tear up, it poops on it.

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I have been seeing us giving up stuff since 1968 and never getting anything. To me a compromise is quid pro quo or tit for tat. Something for something. We always lose something without ever getting anything. John

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

How many believe this would have happened with the same vigor had it not been for the horrific shooting in Connecticut?

Eric

9. wproct

wproct Member

No, I don't believe it would have. However, the terrible tragedy at Newtown created the perfect storm for the anti-gunners. Right now the NRA is our primary salvation. That and everyone personally contacting their legislators.

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

NY just effectively BANNED all semi autos except for pocket guns and small 1911's,,,,,,,bet some missed that........

11. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Maybe someone on this sight can actually explain in great detail as to what constitutes an "assault weapon". If you look at the two words in the phrase one could or would draw a conclusion that it is a weapon used in an or during an assault. My question is wouldn't that also include a claw hammer, a ice pick, a 2x4? These people who are willing to compromise our second ammendment rights have no idea of what can an always does happen in the criminal world.It would appear to me that this is in there eyes easier to accomplish rather than stiffening the penalties and then enforcing the laws already in place. You may make it illegal for us licensed honest tax payers to purchase and or own an "assault weapon". That goes with out saying. But, the hardened criminals of the world usually do not buy or aquire those said weapons used in their assaults thru any licensed dealers. If they were to eliminate every fir arm on this earth those criminal sorts will just find another"tool" to promote their well being. Done rambling, Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.