1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

Lead Ban - Creeping Incrementalism Moves at LightSpeed
    #52681720 - 12/08/07 08:37 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
    The California Legislature recently passed a law here banning lead bullets in handguns and rifles for hunting big-game and coyotes.
    Yesterday, in their infinite wisdom, the CA Fish and Game Commission expanded the law mightily in one swoop to include all lead projectiles in all centerfires, muzzleloaders, shotguns, and rimfires of any caliber to include birdshot, sabots, buckshot, .22's and even my favorite coyote caliber, .17HMR. They also expanded the definition of no-lead targets to include all non-game animals, which added crows, sparrows, starlings, bobcats, goats, skunks, opposums, weasels, jackrabbits, cottontails, and squirrels.
    No word yet on the balance of the "resident small game" category including quail, doves, partridge, chukar, pheasant, and turkey until the regulatory language is finalized and published.
    Condors don't eat doves, quail, or turkeys, do they? Of course they do.
    This sucks more each day.

This is the lead-ban boundary for the moment, everything inside the yellow line. Coming to your state soon.

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

As Rush said, Ignorance is the most expensive thing we will ever have to pay for. It appears California is over run with ignorance, Stupidity, and Laziness. Sad thing is, It's like a malignant tumor spreading to the rest of the country. I fear the only treatment is a massive dose of acupuncture using a variety of lead penetrators on the perpetrators.

Jim

3. Questor

Questor TS Member

As a trout fisherman, I'm very concerned with water quality and the protection of our waters. But the lead bans just don't make any sense environmentally. Environmental lead from shooting is just not a problem.

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ah yes.....California! Just another reason to leave it! Its gonna slip off into the ocean anyway....go NOW !

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Another good reason why I left California in 2001. There are much better places to live.

6. GRR

GRR TS Member

When CA falls into the ocean, make sure nancy p. and barbra b. are at home!!!

7. oletymer

oletymer Member

Shot410ga, I did the same thing. I left in 2001 and moved to north central Washington. The west side of the Cascades is just like California though.

8. clayguy

clayguy TS Member

Born/raised in SOCAL. Departed (I hate the word "left") in '95, never to return. Now in metro Denver, where they are trying hard to catch up to CA.

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

this is another movement of the anti-gun movement.

Dr.longshot

10. grammie

grammie TS Member

Yes,,I can believe it!!!

It will sweep the nation before long,,,just as soon as a president gets into office with a "left wing bent",,,Now I wonder,,,just what party might that be?????

AKA Grammie.........

11. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I have a proposal; Annex Ca. to Mexico. When population is overrun maybe libs will give up. Might solve the illegal problem??????

Regards Gerald

12. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Many of us in CenCal are still carrying the torch of reason, but we are getting more and more of the Bay area kooks seeking affordable housing.

Heck, I hunt in condor country, and I haven't seen any condors. Has anybody proven that lead is the reason for the condor shortage?

13. SPD557

SPD557 TS Member

The item I read on the DFG's new regs said that mere possession of the lead rifle and pistol ammo in the forbidden zone is a violation. It doesnt say anything about that this applies only when hunting. It says that you cant have it at all. So it makes the condor zone a no ammo zone, and from looking at the map its a pretty large area.

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Is there a link to this information? And is this state-wide, or only in a certain area? If the latter, is there an online map?

15. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I thought I read somewhere that there were now centerfire rifle cartridges that were lead free and very good if not better than lead based. Does anyone know the options? Regards, Jake

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hevi-Shot has just come out with a 70 gr .223 bullet that has no lead. I don't know the length of the bullet, so I don't know how fast of a twist it needs.

Wouldn't surprise me if they have more in the works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.