1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can U Name a VT Victim

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by motordoctor, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Jan 29, 1998
    up for a good cause motordoc
  2. oldcop

oldcop Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Well said, Mr. Colley. May your son be safe, and your Baby always.

Jim Bryan
  3. itchy

itchy TS Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Thanks to the news media his name is out there.Should have been called sico,sicko,scum bag etc.
  4. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Richard, your anger is understandable, but with all due respect...I disagree. The "win vs. lose" analogy is insufficient for describing this tragedy. Nobody involved with this situation can either "win" or "lose" now...they're dead. It's over.

People should hear his name over and over...and not be allowed to forget. They should be kept outraged. This wound should be kept torn open for a while.

We have not seen the last Chung Sick-O. Bet on it. There are more being spawned out there as we speak, by neglectful parents who are not involved in their kids' lives. It's better that people get a good snout-ful of this guy's hateful invective right now, while the wound is fresh - maybe, the next time one of these losers sticks his head up, somebody, I don't know who...but somebody, will be in a position to recognize the personality, and take some kind of appropriate action, whatever that may happen to be at the time. Just one person, staying aware, raising their voice, and doing just a _little_, may be in a position to make a huge difference.

These events cannot really be prevented. But the best chance we possibly have, is that if someone knows a person like this, somewhere in their circle of acquaintances, that they will "rat them out"...perhaps pick up a phone and say, "Hey Mr. Campus Police Officer, maybe there's somebody you should know about."

Your anger is understandable. Thank heavens I still have my son, too. I don't believe we should forget the victims. They should get whatever recognition their family would like to see them have.

But in terms of productively moving us toward awareness and solutions...the identity of this "loser" needs to be kept on the front burner for a while and burned into people's consciousness. These kinds of people are an "alien species" to all normal, decent people. We need to begin to learn what they are like, what makes them tick, and how to recognize them.

No, no, they can't all be stopped. But just because we can't stop them all, is no reason not to at least try. It may mean that somebody's baby comes home to them again.

Case in point - when I was an undergrad at Purdue, I ordered a gun case from Cabela's for my Dad for Christmas. They delivered it to my dormitory's post office. The old lady that ran the P.O. ratted me out. I got a nice visit from the Campus Detective. I didn't get locked up...and I didn't lose my Constitutional rights. The worst that came of it was that I had a nice conversation with the Detective about shooting while he admired my roommate's deer racks on the wall...and then I was invited to store my trap gun (Go Boiler Trap & Skeet!) in the dorm manager's office for a few days until I could find a better place for it (I managed to distract him long enough for my roomate to get his ammo out the door...and I didn't tell him about the case full of handguns I still had in the closet...but that's another story).

I have confidence that law enforcement generally has pretty good judgement in determining who constitutes a real threat, and who doesn't. That may not suit some...but it's all we got, and it's better than what we got in this case.
  5. Mac V

Mac V Guest

1. Ryan Clark, 22; Martinez, GA<br>
    2. Kevin Granata, 45; professor<br>
    3. Liviu Librescu, 76; professor<br>
    4. G. V. Loganathan, 51; professor<br>
    5. Ross Alameddine, 20; Saugus, MA<br>
    6. Matthew La Porte, 20; Dumont, NJ<br>
    7. Christopher James Bishop, 35; professor<br>
    8. Daniel Peres Cueva, 21; Woodbridge, VA<br>
    9. Caitlin Hammaren, 19; Westtown, NY<br>
    10. Emily Hilscher, 19; Woodville, VA<br>
    11. Jarrett Lane, 22; Narrows, VA<br>
    12. Henry Lee, Roanoke, VA<br>
    13. Juan Ortiz, 26; Bayamon, Puerto Rico<br>
    14. Mary Read, 19; Rochester, NY<br>
    15. Reema Samaha, 18; Chantilly, VA<br>
    16. Leslie Sherman, 20; Springfield, VA<br>
    17. Maxine Turner, 22; Vienna, VA<br>
    18. Erin Peterson, 18; Centreville, VA<br>
    19. Joceleyne Couture-Nowak, professor<br>
    20. Brian Bluhm, 25; Cedar Rapids, IA<br>
    21. Michael Pohle, 23; Flemington, NJ<br>
    22. Matthew Gwaltney, 24; Chester, VA<br>
    23. Julia Pryde, 23; Middletown, NJ<br>
    24. Daniel O’Neil, 22; Lincoln, RI<br>
    25. Nicole White, 20; Carrollton, VA<br>
    26. Rachel Hill, 18; Richmond, VA<br>
    27. Jeremy Herbstritt, 27; Johnstown, PA<br>
    28. Austin Cloyd, 18; Blacksburg, VA<br>
    29. Lauren McCain, 20; Hampton, VA<br>
    30. Partahi Lombantoruan, 34; Indonesia<br>
    31. Minal Panchal, 26; India<br>
    32. Waleed Shaalan<br><br>Mike
  6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2006
    MacV you beat me to it. I just got them as well before I opened the tread to see.
    Ryan Clark was the R.A. that was in Dorm
    Emily Hilscher- was the other in the Dorm

May God Bless everyone who knew anyone of these victims. Jeff
  7. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Last night my band played at a place called Broadlands in Ashburn VA. We told people if they came in wearing the VA Tech colors we would donate a dollar each in their names to a charity. We had over 100 people wearing the Maroon and Orange last night, but we had one big group of friends of Erin Peterson and Reema Samaha.

Thank you to Victor Washington, (Reema's friend) Sandi Fleming, Katie Tiaga, Tracy Hollowell, Monique Dupuis, Katie Shutts, Shane McGann, Kelly Hollowell (Happy 23rd Birthday Kelly) and Meredith Oriswander for being there last night. We're very sorry for your loss, but happy to have met you.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
  8. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

Jan 28, 2007
    i see my cousins name is on that list.

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Reema Samamha: a dancer of Lebanese descent; had many wonderful dreams and goals for her life........Liviu Librescu: a Holocaust survivor; he died on Holocaust Remembrence day. Protecting the students he loved. He was 76, he could have retired a long time ago, he didn`t and students are alive today because of him. ALIVE!! I have never seen the list presented like that; always streaming on the bottom of the TV screen it seems much longer presented that way. I am pretty sure someone will write a memoral book with a chapter for each student lost.//What`s his name wasn`t sick; he was EVIL.
  10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2006
    See pictures and read about each special person.

Luvn...your post was awesome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.