1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CAN TIMNEY PULL TRIGGER BE SWITCHED TO RELEASE?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dan2116, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan2116

dan2116 Member

Wanted to know what is involved in converting a Timney pull trigger to a release. Who would be the best person to do the work if it requires a trigger smith and any idea what it may cost.Also does anyone know if Timney marked all of his triggers in some way? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. dan2116

dan2116 Member

The trigger is in a Remington 1100. As best I can tell , it is a Timney all steel ( pull ) but no markings that I could find. Sorry for not stating that.

3. dan2116

dan2116 Member

Thank you very much for your help and advises guys. I have been watching out here for a steel Timney 1100 release but have not been quick enough.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I had a Timney release trigger for an 1100 and it NEVER did work right. After several attempts by Timney to correct it, he (or his wife) finally sent my money back to me and I returned the trigger to him.

My advice is to forget about a TIMNEY release trigger and get one that will work the way it's supposed to. I'm not implying that all his release triggers are bad, but the one I got from him about 4 or 5 years ago did not work well at all.

Easystreet

5. 682b

682b Member

I will trade a Spears release conversion trigger for a Timmy pull. Just PM me and we will work it out. Oh by the way I will be traveling to a shoot on Thursday and will return on Sunday evening. JIM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.