1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone be elected that is this dumb.....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

See if you can guess who said this at the "healthcare summit"...

"When I was young, just got out of college, I had to buy auto insurance. I had a beat-up old car. And I won’t name the name of the insurance company, but there was a company — let’s call it Acme Insurance in Illinois. And I was paying my premiums every month. After about six months I got rear-ended and I called up Acme and said, I’d like to see if I can get my car repaired, and they laughed at me over the phone because really this was set up not to actually provide insurance; what it was set up was to meet the legal requirements. But it really wasn’t serious insurance. Now, it’s one thing if you’ve got an old beat-up car that you can’t get fixed. It’s another thing if your kid is sick, or you’ve got breast cancer."

HIGHLY educated and doesn't even know what "liability only" insurance is or that if you are "rear ended" that it is the OTHER person's responsibility....

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Dog, I did not see the word "liability" in the description of the insurance he had on his beat up old car. Did I misread something?

And, yes, being rearended is not always the other persons fault. Maybe the driver was just trying to see how fast he could go in reverse, when the other car got in the way.

Gne J

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

No I put the "liability only" part in there as he was complaining about not having coverage which would have required "full coverage",,,,if he was backing up as fast as he could go,,,,must have been practicing for when he got elected....

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

He did not say "liability" in his description of auto insurance. Instead he described what is known as "liability" coverage.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A difference which makes no difference is no difference.

The fact is... that statement describes liability only insurance, not collision.

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

This was one of the anecdotes related to make a point - even if it was not relevant! ALL of these guys are so full of it that they must ALL GO! America needs a renewal and if it takes a revoltion of some sort, "Let's get it on!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.