1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can NOT get in contact with T/C ARMS! Help....?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brian meyerhofer, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

I have been trying to get in contact with Thompson Center Arms over the last two weeks without success. I have tried the toll free number and local number numerous times, multiple emails from 2 different accounts and left a voice mail in the company directory. The toll free number gives a message that all operators are busy and at least 12 people in front of me. I even sent emails and left voice mail for a T/C employee who helped me in the past. Can someone provide me with another phone number or contact? I have a stock in for warranty. Please pm me if you have a contact at T/C that I can speak to.
    Thanks, Brian

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Didn't they get bought by the giant corporation that bought so many other firearm companies, including S&W??? "

Had not heard that. Wonder if this is true how it will affect Warranty issues and such of guns already out there? I have a late 80"s Model T/C Contender not that it would still be under Warranty.

Matt

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Shooting wire two or three days ago reported that S&W was closing the TC plant...didn't say clearly whether or not there would be TC stuff manufactured again.

4. brian meyerhofer

It is very frustrating to have a new rifle with no stock! I bought a brand new T/C Icon and the wood stock had a flaw (holes in it). I called T/C, they told me to send the stock in and it would be replaced under warranty. I shipped the stock to T/C and I now have a rifle with no stock and can not reach anyone at T/C. I know it was received and have delivery confirmation from UPS.

5. Etiquette

Etiquette Member

Heard, but not confirmed, they are moving to Sprinfield Mass and will use S&W buildings.

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

DRTV Ranger

Thompson/Center Arms Moving to Mass
    « on: December 09, 2010, 10:51:05 pm »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thompson/Center Arms to close Rochester plant

Thursday, December 9, 2010

ROCHESTER — Springfield, Mass-based Smith & Wesson Holding Corp is relocating its Thompson/Center Arms operations from Rochester, N.H., to its Springfield, Mass. facility, according to the City biz Real Estate website.

The site posted the news late Wednesday night.

Foster's Daily Democrat has learned the company bused its employees to a meeting at the Governor's Inn Restaurant around 4 p.m. Wednesday. At the meeting company representatives were reported to have said the Thompson/Center Arms facility would be closed over a period of about nine months.

The closure will effect approximately 250 employees, some who may be offered the opportunity to move the company's Springfield operation.

Foster's also learned over the next couple of weeks there will be meetings with employees to discuss severance issues and the possible relocation of some local workers to Springfield. Employees were also told the company was continuing to look for a buyer for the foundry at the Rochester facility.

According to its most recent annual report, the company owns three manufacturing facilities in its firearm division. Its principal facility is the 530,323-square-foot Springfield plant. It also owns a 38,115-square-foot plant in Houlton, Maine, and the 160,000-square-foot plant in Rochester.

The bulk of the $9 million of estimated cash outlays associated with the relocation will occur in the second half of 2011, and those outlays are expected to be recovered in approximately 24 months. The relocation is scheduled to commence in January 2011 and conclude by November 2011.

As a result of the relocation of its Thompson/Center Arms operations, Smith & Wesson expects to record future expense of approximately $6 million, consisting of approximately $3 million for personnel-related exit costs and approximately $3 million of other facility-related shutdown costs, including costs for moving and facility preparation.

The Springfield facility is primarily used to manufacture handguns and rifles; the Houlton facility is primarily used to manufacture handcuffs, restraints, .22-caliber pistols, metal center-fire pistols, and the Walther PPK and PPK/S pistols; and the Rochester facility is used primarily to produce hunting rifles, black powder firearms, interchangeable firearm systems, and long gun barrels.

The company also owns a 56,869-square-foot facility in Springfield that it uses for the Smith & Wesson Academy, a state-accredited firearm training institution, a public shooting facility, and a retail store; and a 6,000-square-foot retail facility in Rochester.

The company leases office and manufacturing space at four facilities in its perimeter security division. The facilities are all located within a quarter mile of each other in Franklin, Tenn. The total space leased is 61,509 square feet.

The company also leases 2,800 square feet of office space in Scottsdale, Ariz., which houses its investor relations department as well as offices for its board of directors, and 577 square feet of office space in Washington, D.C., which houses certain executive staff. Both of these leases expire on Dec. 31, 2010.

Smith & Wesson acquired Rochester, NH-based Thompson/Center Arms, Inc., a privately held, New Hampshire-based designer, manufacturer and marketer of hunting firearms, for $102 million in cash in 2006.

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Brian, I know you're frustrated but a lot of large companies in the manufacturing arena close for much of the month of December. I was a GM service manager for many years and had to operate a business with no service support or parts supply for two weeks every year.

As I type this, I have had a new rifle at Remington's Custom Shop for about two months. It needs to be rebarreled under warranty and I was told not to expect it back until early January due to a long holiday closure. A year ago, I had to take a new rifle that broke on its second shot to a manufacturer's warranty repair station for a 10-minute repair. I got it back two months later and then only because I called the media relations person at the manufacturer's home office and suggested that if I were a young man buying my first new rifle for the upcoming hunting season and missed that season because of that kind of service, my next new rifle would probably not be that brand. The person with whom I spoke agreeed and called the repair station. An hour later, I received an icy call advising my that my rifle was ready for pickup.

Customer service is this country has really gone downhill. It's bad enough that support for many of the products we buy originates on the other side of the world and is offered by people we cannot understand. But economically-spurred cutbacks at American companies has also had an enormous impact on how those companies are able to treat their customers.

I know all that doesn't help but at least you know you're not alone.

Ed

8. brian meyerhofer

I also called Smith & Wesson, was transfered to a supervisor's voicemail and was never contacted back. I will be very selective of the brands I buy in the future.

I manage a business that excels in customer service, this is what sets us apart from others in the same field. We pride ourselves in customer service, I am finding out that many gun manufacturers do not.

I will be patient for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.