1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can Newt win?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Crickey, we are less than a month away from the Hawkeye caulkeye and the NH primary. Newt is ahead in the polls and this thing (Repub nomination) could be over in 6 weeks. Who would have ever thought? After watching the Repub debates I have to say Newt has been the most impressive, but still I got my doubts whether he can win in November.

For whatever reason a lot of people don't like Newt. I talk to women and they especially don't like him. To me I don't have to like a guy to deal or vote for him, I just go with what I believe to be the best guy. I do business with a lot of "aholes" but they are good at what they do so what, but I know a lot of people aren't that way. They gotta like the guy they do business with.

Anybody has to be better than Ojackass, but I'm a dinosaur and this isn't the same country I grew up in, so my judgement went out of favor 25 years ago.

Looking at the electoral college. Ojackass isn't going to pick up any of the states McCain won and Ojack lost, so I guess it comes down to a few swing states again this time. Can Newt win Ohio, PN, *hitagan, FL??

I'm not a Romney fan, but if he could bring a couple of northeast states into the Repub column Ojack will be looking for a job Jan 2013.

Just wondering.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

At least you're trying to think through it logically and you understand the basics of the process. I commend you.

-Gary

3. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

If we can get Newt in a debate one on one with Obama, he would chew him up. Long way before that happens.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Romney is a Mormon, big-business, Obama-care-defending snake and people don't like him.

He can't win, either.

Folks, this election is over before it started...just some of you don't get it yet.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Gary, I guess that is why I'm so disappointed about Herman Cain. I believe Mr. Cain could have taken 15 to 20% of the black vote out of Philly and deliver PN to the Repubs, and did the same in the other states and we would be looking at a new president.

I like Newt but this is unfortunately a dog and pony show. We put Pit Bulls, and Dobermans in place to protect our junk yards, but when it comes to protecting our most valuable possession (our nation) we want a Poodle or Golden Retriever out front. Obama is a great Poodle, while Newt is a mutt. I’d rather have a mutt, but most people don’t think that way anymore. They would rather have a pure breed commie.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The Republican party is a huge disappointment. The best people aren't even running.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

buzzy, how are things going inside the Lugar reelection? You got the night off, to peruse ts.com?

By the way, the movie "Knute Rockne, All American" was on the other night on TCM. I was going to draw your attention to it, but got wrapped up in watching it myself, so I didn't get on ts.com in time to draw your attention to it. Sorry about that. I know from reading your posts you don't want to miss anything having to do with ND football.

I'll do better next time.

Bisi, yours from Btown.

8. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

As long as the tea party evangelicals run the GOP this is what you get.

The Republican party was a great party with great leaders. But is now married to the snake oil of the far right. And can’t get a divorce.

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Chuckie you say the Repubs can't win because they are "now married to the snake oil of the far right"

Why is it then the Dems can win with the far left radical commies like Obama, Pelosi, Reid. Are we a left of center nation now?

Just asking.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Any Republican is better than Obama-Lite Romney, who is a tax and spend gun-banning liberal who created the prototype for ObamaCare.

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'd be willing to bet CharlesK80 is a government employee sucking off the government tit.

Anybody want to bet me?

...Hiya Bisi! How many signatures you got on that anti-RTW petition so far?

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Liberal or RINO, that's for sure and for certain.

13. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Bisi, just saying, yes, we are left of center now. Might go back, but not with the litter of half-wits the GOP saddles the party with.

Commies, Bisi, are those guys who currently are our bankers, buying our bonds and loaning us money. I am not one of them.

14. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Charles what government agency are you employed by? Or what what governmenmt pension are you milking?

15. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Yes, Newt can win.

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

buzzy, I'm redoing the "Joe Montana" room in the house and I have all the workmen sign anti RTW petitions before they start work. Not out hitting the streets yet, thought I would start at home.

What amazes me is, some of these "scabs" I hire don't want to sign the petition. I guess if I hired union workers they would sign right up front, but I wanted to afford the addition, and get the job done on time. Gotta save money for the Charlie Weis aka Fred Flintstone commerative platware I'm hoping to purchase, and put on display.

PS - you got the whole set buzzy?

17. glock22

glock22 TS Member

I hope so !

18. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

an answer to the question....NO

blade819

19. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

I've watched all the debates with amazed disappointment...Newt may get the nod by default, but his storied past may knock him out of contention. I predict that he who hails from the Peoples Republic of Cook will rally and repeat in 2012.

IMHO...without a serious contender...it looks like four more years...
    [​IMG]

20. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Can Newt win? Does a fat dog fart?

Bambi is such a pussket that he won't even show up for the debates.

OBTW, the reason Bambi did Usama was because there were threats of internal leaks if he didn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.