1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can MEC hydraulic cylinder be rebuilt.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr. D, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. D

Mr. D Member

Hi

I have a older Hustler loader that came with a black hydraulic cylinder and a spare silver cylinder with the word MEC on it of which both are leaking under pressure. The black one is leaking around the rod and the silver one is leaking from the weep hole at the bottom.

Can these hydraulic cylinders be rebuilt or is a there a parts kit I can buy?

Dennis

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I copied this either from a post here on trapshooters.com, or over on shotgunworld.com. I have not used his services, but only filed it for reference.

Subject: MEC HYDRALIC CLY REPAIRED FIRST AND SECOND DES
    Email: mecman1964@yahoo.com
    Date: Thu, Sep 10, 2009 - 06:43 AM ET
    Website Address:
    I'M NOW OFFERING THE REBUILDING OF THE MEC HYDRAULIC UNITS, IT CAN BE THE BLACK FIRST DES WITH NO CAPS OR THE SECOND DES WITH CAP ON BOTH ENDS. I CAN REBUILD THEM BOTH AND HAVE PARTS IN STOCK. 40.00 + RETURN SHIPPING. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS DON'T HESITATE TO CALL 423-743-9233
    THANKS LEE

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

More info, copied from trapshooters.com or shotgunworld.com:

MEC Hydraulic Cylinder rebuild

QTY -- Part Number -- Description
    2 ----- 2020 ---- O-Ring
    1 ----- 8860 ---- Seal 1" Polypack (Piston)
    1 ----- 8858 ---- Seal 1/2 Polypak
    1 ----- 8765 ---- O-Ring
    This is the "package" of parts I order to rebuild the rebuildable cylinders. Ron said it does help if you have the numbers, otherwise they have to find them in the computer. I did not ask the new price, the price in Feb. was $16.50 plus Shipping. Total $22.00 Glad I could help, just wasn't sure anyone else would be interested.
    Ajax
    Date: Fri, Aug 29, 2008 - 04:21 PM ET
    Website Address:
    Just a little note, you will have to take the little adjustable valve out of it and watch out for the spring from hell when you unscrew the top.
    Jim
    Date: Sun, Oct 12, 2008 - 09:36 PM ET
    Website Address:
    I just replaced the seals for a friend last week. His 9000H was seeping a little through the top. Gordy, one of the Mec techs went through it with me first to avoid problems. I ended up calling him again as I put the little seal in upside down. It really was easier than I expected, thanks to Gordy's advice.

4. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I took my cylinder apart and identified the seals required and made the repairs myself. Tim Dearth

5. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

I can repair the black cly, if the silver one does not have threaded capes on it and it is stainless steel with a black mec decal on it, no luck on building it. the seals listed above will not fit the black cly.

thanks
    lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
black mec hydraulic cylinder
can hydraulic cylinders be rebuilt
mec 9000 h hydraulic cylinder rebuild kit
mec cylinder
mec hydraulic cylinder o-ring locations

mec hydraulic cylinder rebuild

mec hydraulic cylinder repair kit