1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I use just 1 ext choke ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bluskyshooter, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Hi, I hope you dont mind me asking a dumb question ... I've only been shooting a few months. I have an O/U ... and was wondering ... when I use the gun for doubles .... can I use 1 flush choke and 1 extended choke ? Or would the extended choke would interfere with shot coming out the flush choke barrel ? Hate to find out the hard way. Thanks !

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

you will just have to clean the crap from the side of the extended choke knurls often...

3. superump

superump TS Member

It won't hurt at all, I have done it when I first bought my O/U until I could pick up some more extended chokes. But like FrankC said the extended choke will have some gun powder residue and need some extra cleaning but not hard or bad.

4. superump

superump TS Member

BTW after reading some of my questions you will realize there is no dumb questions. HA

5. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

OK - thanks for the advice. Gives me peace of mind to give it a try ..... until I can get more chokes.

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

If, IF I had to use one extended and one flush, I'd prefer having the extended in the bottom barrel. As small as it may be, gasses will act on the protruding tube somewhat, either pushing it up or down.

John Browning used that escaping gas (applying pressure to an extended rectangular tab on the bottom of the barrel, attached to a rod/spring)to develop the first semi-auto on a lever action.

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.