Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

can i use an 1187 barrel on an 1100

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jm1079 
#1 ·
i own a remington 1100 and recently came upon a 1187 barrel....will it work? do i need to do any modifications? thanks

#4 ·
Don't know...had both til an hour ago when my 11-87 went to become a Christmas present for a nice twelve year old...do know that 11-87s have a deflector thing that goes ahead of the barrel or magazine ring and the 1100s don't. Thought of trying it but hated the idea of putting my beatiful face next to a receiver that might come apart.

Ask Reminton. They'll either say , "yes, no" or tell you they can't authorize the use of parts labeled for one gun on another.

#5 ·
I used a light contour sporting clays barrel on my 1100 for years---it worked fine. This was not the normal 1187 pressure compensated barrel and was intented for light/medium loads only. Sometimes barrel/forend fit can be an issue (bolt to chamber lockup) and I simply added a rubber o ring to ensure that the barrel stayed tight to the receiver. I also know a few that have done the same.
Nevertheless,Remington will not recommend it--an assembly supervisior advised against it due to "stacking of tolerences"
As I'm an "old guy", I always shot light loads (skeet/sporting)- and I'm sorry I sold the gun/barrel--however, you might also consider getting the "correct" barrel for your gun--thus removing any doubt.
regards--and merry christmas!
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.