1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

can i use an 1187 barrel on an 1100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by daveship, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveship

daveship Member

i own a remington 1100 and recently came upon a 1187 barrel....will it work? do i need to do any modifications? thanks

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I don't think it will fit---MYSTIC---

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    We must get this question once a week now.

Just the other day someone asked about an 1100 barrel on an 1187. Which while just the opposite, the problems are similar. Click the link.

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Don't know...had both til an hour ago when my 11-87 went to become a Christmas present for a nice twelve year old...do know that 11-87s have a deflector thing that goes ahead of the barrel or magazine ring and the 1100s don't. Thought of trying it but hated the idea of putting my beatiful face next to a receiver that might come apart.

Ask Reminton. They'll either say , "yes, no" or tell you they can't authorize the use of parts labeled for one gun on another.

5. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

I used a light contour sporting clays barrel on my 1100 for years---it worked fine. This was not the normal 1187 pressure compensated barrel and was intented for light/medium loads only. Sometimes barrel/forend fit can be an issue (bolt to chamber lockup) and I simply added a rubber o ring to ensure that the barrel stayed tight to the receiver. I also know a few that have done the same.
    Nevertheless,Remington will not recommend it--an assembly supervisior advised against it due to "stacking of tolerences"
    As I'm an "old guy", I always shot light loads (skeet/sporting)- and I'm sorry I sold the gun/barrel--however, you might also consider getting the "correct" barrel for your gun--thus removing any doubt.
    regards--and merry christmas!
    Bob

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Savage99Stan, Remington's official word is not to mix barrels between models.

The link I posted explains the issues in further detail.

The bottom line is this: Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. You roll the dice and take your chances.

7. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

I use a 1187 fully rifled slug barrel on my 1100, works flawlessly.I bought the 1100 new in 1980, don't know if that makes a difference or not.......Ken Jeffries

8. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

It does on my 1100. I put it in...reinstall the forearm and shoot singles and doubles.

Happy Holidays!

9. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

All of my 11-87 barrels go on my 1100 without any problems. I also install the gas collar just to keep the barrel and forearm snug and tight. FWIW. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.