1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I shoot while in Houston area

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Will be travelling to Katy and Spring,Texas Christmas week to visit family for the Holidays. I'm certain it wouldn't be worth it trying to take a shotgun down there on the airlines, but was wondering if there is a club reasonably close to shoot that might also have a skeet gun I could shoot a round or two ?

2. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Yes, American Shooting Center off Westheimer Rd. (Geo. Bush Park). Skeet, Am. Trap, Wobble, 5 stand and sporting. Pick up the rental OU's at the Skeet/Trap office.

http://www.amshootcenters.com/

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

What's the hassle with a shotgun on the airlines? Have done it numerous times. Yes... you have to declare it and it must be in a good lockable case but what's with the problems? No problems. If you have a high grade like my Perazzi's you just insure it (max of $5k) and it just makes sure that it does not grow legs.

Flying with a gun is not a hassle unless you live in someplace like New York City.

Tom

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Maybe he doesn't want to subject his nice shotgun to the "pat down"?

5. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

The Metro Gun Club I think will be shooting Reg birds every weekend.

6. Etiquette

Etiquette Member

Don't forget METRO in Angleton. Great shooting and great food.

7. Landshark

Landshark Member

Metro in Angleton is 10000 times better than American Shooting Centers when it comes to trap and skeet. ASC has decent sporting clays courses, but expensive to shoot.

8. Aggie.

Aggie. Member

Might have a hard time shooting skeet at Metro. Trap Only club.

9. EE

EE Banned User Banned

10000 times better at trap and skeet and they don't even have a skeet field??? Wow, the other place must really suck.

10. JPM

JPM Member

Amboy49, I live in Spring and regularly shoot at Westside Sporting Grounds (west of Katy), American Shooting Centers (east of Katy) and Pearland Shooting Club (located in Friendswood). I shoot sporting clays almost exclusively but if it's skeet that you want to shoot I can host you at Pearland - good targets, good prices, and especially good people. I can also lend you a gun if we can work out a schedule to shoot together.

We have some family plans around Christmas day, but I think that I can arrange for shooting except Dec 24-27. Send me an e-mail with your tentative schedule if you are interested. FWIW, all of these ranges are about one hour away from my home in Spring, in spite of the different distances in miles. Houston traffic is something to behold.

John Matthews

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.