1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I convert a BT-99 to a Micro Bt-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bkp2024, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bkp2024

Bkp2024 Member

I have a standard 34" BT-99 my son has shot for a little over a year. Upgrading him and looking to use that for my daughter. however she is only 10 and can not handle the gun. Can I just change the stock and but a new 26" or 28" barrel.

I think the stock is straight forward but do I need a gunsmith to fit the barrel and then can you go back to the 34" later or I assume refit if possible. How interchangeable if any are the barrels?

Also if its reasonable to switch anybody have a short barrel and or stock they want to sell? Or a used BT-99 micro complete gun for sale?

Thanks for the info what a great site.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the BT 99 barrels were 30", 32" and 34". I have never seen one shorter than 30". To answer your question on barrel fitting, the answer is most likely Yes. It will need fitted to your receiver.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

On the BT plus there was a 28" barrel available for at least one year. Don't believe that is true for the regular BT's though.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Browning will not sell you another barrel, so unless you can find a used one, a change will require a hacksaw and rethreading for chokes.

5. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I have only seen the 30 and 32. I had to order in my sons 32 as 30's were standard stock in the store. That plus a 3/4" shorter LOP was only difference. He has since out grown the short LOP so we sent it of to add a recoil reducer now its standard LOP.

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Browning lists a 28" barrel on the new micros, see link above. Mark

7. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Member

Sent you a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.