1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I buy an oversingle barrel for my O/U XT Trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bucko43, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone knows if I can just go buy an oversingle or undersingle barrel and convert my O/U XT Trap into a single barrel trap gun?
    Are there any alterations I'll need to do to the gun/forearm?

Thanks,

Kevin

2. racer

racer TS Member

Kevin - I tried an oversingle and undersingle on my regular xt and they would not close. I'm sure they can be fitted by a gunsmith. No idea what it would cost. Once in awhile you will see an older Citori barrel that has been worked to fit an Xt. Locking lug relocated to fit newer xt's.(I think)
    Good luck, Dan Ehlers

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Kevin, if you like the over single Jaquas Fine Guns has them on sale last time I checked for $2,900 without the luggage case. If you trade your current XT I would guess you would get about $1,400 for it there. So for about $1,500 you would have your single and your o/u on a new gun. This is what I am saving for right now. I have a XT o/u and want an unsingle combo.
    Doug

4. Frye

Frye TS Member

I currently have both. XT and XT unsingle combo that I just bought. For fun, I tried the Unsingle barrel on my XT receiver and it would not close and Vise versa, I tried the Combo receiver with O/E barrels and again, would not close.

5. vvosen

vvosen TS Member

I have an oversingle barrel from an 80's vintage Citori combo that I have converted by moving the lug so it will fit my XT. It has had the forcing cones done by Wrights and also has been threaded for chokes by Wrights. I have 3 of Wrights chokes to go with it.

The bluing is mostly good, but there are a few spots where the forearm attaches and where the lug was welded that the bluing has worn off. If you are a stickler, you could have it re-blued but it looks pretty good in general.

I got a Guerini Summit Trap unsingle, so I no longer need the single barrel.

I have seen them going from 750 without chokes to 1000 so, If you are interested, drop me an email.

Vic Vosen

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

The combo barrels do have higher ribs.

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info guys.

It looks like I'll need to put this off for a while.

Appreciate the input!

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.