1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can choke tube change pattern left or right.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrhunt, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrhunt

mrhunt TS Member

can choke tube change pattern left or right. Thanks

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Yes...intentionally (made to do that) or otherwise (either badly made or the barrel's bored crooked).

MK

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Biggest problem to do with tubed barrels!

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

When I bought my 682 Gold E combo, it came with 6 choke tubes. Two of them were IM. I used them interchangeably and ran hot an cold. One day, after a particularly bad couple of rounds I complained to a friend and was told to put a different choke tube in. I put in a full and ran the next 25.

The next day I went to the range, set up on a bench and shot each choke tube in each barrel for POI. I found that only 2 of the 6 choke tubes shot within 2" of each other at 20 yards (one IM and the F). The others were all over the place. I also found that all three barrels shot to different POIs with the same choke tube.

As set of Briley choke tubes cured the differences between choke tubes, but I still had the problem with the barrels. So I eventually sold the gun.

Most Beretta and Brownings have that problem, and others as well, I'm sure. That is precisely why I choose to shoot fixed chokes for trap.

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

POI problems are not specific to any one brand. In fact very few are dead on from the factory. O/U are the worst as far as getting two barrels to converge to the sam POI. Factory chokes as has been mentioned create problems as well. Too many guys don't check POI on their gun after the pruchase. And most wopulod be sadly surprised if they did so.

6. Wthomas

Wthomas Member

Sadly surprised is exactly what I was when I finally patterned my gun and found the "mod" chole was at least 8 inches left. The IM and Full were dead on. Examined the choke tube and found it to be out of round by .005. Also found it was actually measured as an IC. A new extended choke fixed the problem and also picked up a bird or two with the tighter pattern.

7. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Absolutely it can.

8. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

Oh great, now half a dozen shooters won't be able to sleep tonight. They will be tossing and turning, thiking about how many birds they may have missed because of the choke tube. I would hope they would have noticed if the gun wasn't shooting where it was being pointed. Brain fade proberbly caused more misses than they could ever count. BIG JIM

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Big Jim, please explain your statement further as to who those six individuals are.

10. porky

porky TS Member

Call Brileys, Wrights, Seminole or any of the other choke manufacturers. They can make you a choke that will shoot anywhere you want it to. Talk to them.

11. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

Manny, Moe and Jack and Peter, Paul and Mary. Why do you know any of them???

12. porky

porky TS Member

Jim, youneed to grow up a bit and get a life.

13. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

Are you two clowns the thread police? I would like to see your badges. Why did you clowns take my statement personal? Couldn't you boys sleep last night, thinking about lost targets? I was making a general statement like everyone else does. I went back and looked at pheasantmasters comments on other threads. He has had more than a few off hand remarks. How about you? NOT WORTH MY TIME TO LOOK IT UP. All I was trying to say, was that some people get so wrapped up thinking about all the small problems that "might" be possible, that they forget to concentrate on the target. I am 62 years old and I don't give a cr-p what you say or do. YOU NEED TO BUTT OUT AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS., Your turn... STICKS AND STONES - YOU MORON...JIM

14. porky

porky TS Member

Jim, I think it's obvious that you have difficulty with anyone diagreeing with you as well as anyone who seems to be older than you, who knows more about the subject than you. You're in California and there's a lot of mental health clinics. I suggest you visit one before picking up a gun to shoot any trap

15. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

Have someone read my thread to you that can comprehend what I was saying. It's obvious that your head is so far up your butt that you can't think straight. Neither one of you stated any where that you disagree with me. You were just such a Jerk and launched into a personal attack. But it makes me feel good that you don't agree with me. I would hate to think I was a MORON like you. Again, MORON, I was not disagreing with what was being said. I only said that several people would now be thinking about that and not being able to sleep. It was tounge in cheek. Have your keeper explain that to you. And where did your age come into play. I don't see it in any of the thread above. You need to take your medication and go back to sleep and stop making personal attacks for no reason. You are the "NUT CASE", NOT ME. I don't take crap from anyone, no matter what their age is.

16. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Keep it up and you guys are going to get a time out! LOl

17. porky

porky TS Member

Don't worry Bill, When school starts Big Jim will be back in school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.