1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone tell me about the Ga. state shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gunner53, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner53

gunner53 TS Member

I am looking for information on the Georgia State shoot, How big is it, how many traps, are out-of-state shooters welcomed, what time they start, etc.
    Any info would be appreciated. Thanks from Pa.

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here's a start.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I shot is for a few years, nice folks, food is so-so, good targets, start on the right and run down the hill. They might be using the bank system now?

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Great bunch of folks! Very hospitable and go out of their way to make folks feel welcome. The club house is a little small for a club of that size. The trap fields are built on a sloping hillside. The wind can get a little tricky on the upper traps and the right target has an optical illusion of being lower because of the slope of the hill coming down from right to left. All in all it is a real nice place to shoot.

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

In response to your question about the Georgia State shoot.... the owners of the club just spent nearly $100,000 on the clubhouseand grounds. If you have been there before you just won't believe how much of an improvement they've made. The clubhouse is twice the size it used to be and it's gorgeous. Big flat screen HD tv area for relaxing in the clubhouse. The grill is open for breakfast and lunch during the shoot. GMC is putting on a Bar B Que dinner Saturday night that is free to all shooters and their families. We welcome out of state shooters and on Sunday's Handicap Championship we reserve the first 15 squads for out of state shooters. We have $5000 added money and 155 trophies to be awarded. We have 8 trap fields and a practice trap. Golf cart rentals are available if you call in advance. Check the Trap and Field
    Magazine for details and contact numbers. Hope to see you there.

Dave Hollingsworth
    VP Georgia Trap Assoc.

7. gunner53

gunner53 TS Member

Thanks to all who responded I am surely going to be there.

8. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

Was this club called the River Bend Gun Club 20 years ago?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.