1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can a used O/U be bought for $750?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ML, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ML

ML Member

Is it possible for a new shooter to buy a good used O/U for $750 to $1000. If so where would be the best place to look?

Regards
    M.L.

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Yes.....plenty of nice Browning Citori's in that price range. Best place would be the For Sale section right here. Or just post a WTB (want to buy) thread and I am sure you'll find one in no time.

3. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

It is possible to buy a decent O/U for that price. I've seen some very nice Charles Dalys listed on this site in that price range.

I have a Zoli that I purchased that was unfired in that range to use as a back up for doubles.

Steve

4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Yes you can. You just have to look. Browning I guess would be your best bet.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Brownings, SKBs, even an occasional Beretta can be had within that price range. Educate yourself and shop wisely.

-Gary

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I just sold a Franchi 12 ga o/u in new condition for $800.00. So yes they are out there.

7. burtona

burtona Member

Look for a Miroku made Charles Daley Trap or a Miroku 800 trap. They seem to go from $450-$700 on Gunbroker and other auction sites.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Welcome to our sport and good luck finding your new gun.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yes

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, ALL shotguns can be bought for less than $750 (except mine).

-GN7777777

11. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Guns unlimited was selling new Remington STS with case and five chokes for 999.00

12. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a browning Citori o/u trap gun with monte carlo stock, 30 inch barrels for $300.00. The top barrel choke tube was stuck and the guy who owned it is a regular shooter at the club and just didn't want it any longer. The gun was like new.

The gun didn't fit me, and I told the guy it was worth a lot more. I suggested he wait and sell it at the area gun club. He was cleaning out his gun room and said the first $300.00 gets the gun, so I purchased it. A friend of mine asked if he could purchase it from me for the same $300.00 because he wanted to give it to his grandson, so I sold it to him. He soaked the choke tube and got it out, and cleaned the gun.

A few weeks ago I saw him sell the gun for $1,100.00 with a browning case at the gun club.
    Steve Balistreri

13. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Steve.

He isn't your friend.

I've had dealings for similar reasons over the years.

Some have the nerve to try the same thing twice.

Like G. Bush said ....You got me once, but not again.

Regards....Gerald

14. hoot619

hoot619 Member

A friend; Who needs friends like that. But there may be more to the story. I can't see the grandson refusing it. Ken U

15. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

What I found out was the grandson could not handle the recoil. Before he gave the gun to him he purchased a new browning case to give it to his grandson. When I saw the ad that he was asking $1,200.00 for the gun, he told me he wanted the money to purchase a new semi auto for the kid. When I was talking to him about it, he offered to sell the gun back to me for the $300.00 plus the cost of the new Browning case. I told him sell the gun if he could and purchase the grandson a new semi auto. Later I saw him sell it for $1,100.00. The guy to my knowledge has not lied to me in the past, and I will take him at his word until I find out other wise. He recently told me he purchased a new Remington 1100 trap gun for the kid. Life is to short to worry about this. I saw the kid with his new gun, the smile on his face was worth it.
    Steve

16. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Well, that makes it all better.

Regards....Gerald

17. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We have this one. Older Invector chokes, 32" barrels, adj comb and butt. Owner wants $1050.00. Some ding in wood
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

18. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Stick with a Browning or Beretta. The OFF-BRANDS made in Turkey, Russia, etc. are designed cheap and hold up cheap. The parts are hard to find and/or get. They are made to shoot a few times a year, not a few hundred times a day. Also they (the cheap new ones) have no resale to speak of.

The Brownings (Citori's) and Berettas (680 serries) hold up well, repair easy,(if needed), and have a resale market. The 3200 Remington, and Winchester 101, also might be considered as they hold up well and can be repaired. merlyn

19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I saw a Franchi Combo offered on this site for $1000.00, these are good guns, better than the Frigons, which seem to break often.

Guns Unlimited are selling Remington Premiers for $999.00

Winchester 101 Pigeons for $1295.00 cased and tubes.

I have a Ithaca 4E for $900.00 it is not an O/U Though, but a very good price

Have Remington 11-87 w/high shooting rib, custom paint job $850.00 w/tubes & box

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. hoot619

hoot619 Member

I love the other part of the story and I can visualize the smile on his face and his Grandpa's and yours. I know if put a big smile on mine. Ken U.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.