1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Can a new Perazzi be bought without the stock ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Can a new Perazzi be bought without the wood stock ?

So that a custom stock can be immediately installed.

2. JH

JH Well-Known Member

YUP! But, some dealers will say no....be persistent...you can do it!

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Does Perazzi still make a custom stock for new purchases at the Grand?

4. JJM

JJM Member

Barry,
    They have not done that since the Grand left Ohio.
    Joe M

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

they do offer a few options like a "bit" more cast off. When you would buy a new gun tell them you want the most offset or cast off or on that they offer.

6. drgondog

drgondog Member

If you Order a New Perazzi via a dealer wih specifics regrding the stock he can usually do two things if he chooses. Request the specific stock dimensions you want and/or request an upgrade. There may be a specific stock that fits, in inventory.

The custom upgrade will cost you unless it is from a gun dealer that travels to Italy and will go back and pick from the Grade I's.

Virtually all Perazzi's, I have learned, are 'custom' in the way orders are treated - more like a well tooled job shop. It will take longer unless your dealer is a strong one.

Also - if you order a custom stock thatdid not leave the factory with your iron, fit it properly. Do not assume you can just crank it on..

Regards,

Bill

7. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

I understand that Perazzi offers a complete custom dimension stock included in the normal purchase price of any new Perazzi.

I was measured and fitted for one while at the Spring Grand in Tucson a few weeks ago, but have not finalized the order.

Since then, some have told me that the Perazzi wood will not be of very high grade regardless of price and that there are some custom stock makers, e.g., Wenig's, which will make a much nicer and better fitting stock than Perazzi.

Have no personal experience with either's finished custom stock.

Will have the Wenig people measure and fit me while at the Southern Grand this coming week.

Don't know which way I may end up going on the stock.

8. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Bobbys (Wenig) tool men are as good as they get. Go with a Wenig........merlyn

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Consider that whatever discount they'll give you will be no greater, and will likely be considerably less than, their cost. This means you will likely be able to sell the wood for more than you will save.

-Gary

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Go with a Dennis Devault stock. Good as it gets.

11. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Gary got it right. Been there; done that. If you order the gun without the stock, you save a fraction of what the stock would cost you by itself.

I've also had Giacomo hand carry dimensions to Italy for a custom stock for me. Did they get it right? No.

Have Wenig make you your stock.

12. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Order your Perazzi with stock dimensions that are "neutral", meaning that if you took off the butt stock, you can sell it really easily to anyone without them making much modification to put it to fit them. Take whatever money you get from selling your stock and it towards a new stock from a custom stock maker. That's how I would do it.

As zzt says, there is no guarantee that Perazzi Italy will make your stock to your correct dimensions. They sometimes screw up.

13. JT 27

JT 27 Member

I have had the same experience as zzt. Shooting my MX 10 with a Wenig stock after $2500. waste for Perazzi custom with upgrade.

14. drgondog

drgondog Member

Sernv99 has the most practical solution - and I would go with something like 36 and 50 ~ 1 7/16 x 2" to a flat Rib with a 4 and 8 twist at heel and toe (<3/16 and 5/16) respectively.

That would be pretty broad Straight Trap.. If you are lucky enough to get decent wood you might get $350-500.

I would strongly consider Al Lind in Seattle for quality vs price comparison to the new Wenig guys. Al does my semi inletting for 1/3 of Wenig..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

new perazzi without stock