1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Camping at the grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lilboss1970, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilboss1970

lilboss1970 Member

I think me and the brother in law are going to make our first trip to the grand. Is there usually plenty of camping spaces available? Also on the utility vehicle, I have insurance on it. Do they require a minumum amount of liability insurance? I don't want to get there and they say my coverage isn't enough. Thanks for any help.

2. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Camping is handled by the IDNR, Troy Potts is who you can call for info.
    618-295-2700 ext 8466

I am sure there are no spots available with full hookups.

Electric only camping is all that is avalible, $20 a day. Fill your water tank when you get on the grounds at the dump station for hand washing etc. Take your showers in the shower house, you'll meet a lot of nice folks there.

3. Fox32

Fox32 Member

We still have one room left in our house that we rent for Grand Week. We are about ten miles away and a short drive. $500.00 for seven nights for you and your bother in law! Thats $250.00 each or about $35.00 a night! Stay close and stay with us! Send me a PM....

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

They have a service team that will come to your campsite and fill your water tank if you run out (at electric-only sites). It costs extra, but I don't remember how much.

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Last I heard the amount of liability insurance needed on a cart was a half million dollars. I thought we all had to have that amount and tried to buy a policy to cover the cart I had rented. If you rent the cart on the grounds they provide the coverage and if you bring your own cart you have to be able to prove that you have the insurance. That was last year. Hope this helps you . Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.