1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Camping at the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deereRalph, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deereRalph

deereRalph Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Does anyone know how to bypass the IDNR to get a camping spot? You can at this time only request an elec. only, waiting for the owners to let ILDNR they will not attend. Any ideas?
  2. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

May 16, 2006
    I may not be going and am willing to deal directly with you, full hookups near bank 7. I will not know for another month or so. Send me an email or call with your e-address and phone number.

jack melitsky 908 369-8770 cell908 507-5939
  3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    I understand that all the 'complete' hook up spots are leased. The IDNR does have a wait list for the electric only spots and perhaps even the 'no-utility' sites.

The only way I know to 'bypass' the IDNR is to deal directly with someone who has a lease. If the current lessee is not using the spot, they must inform IDNR 30 days before the event. At that point, IDNR can sub-let that spot. I think they also maintain a wait list for those spots as well.

I found a spot here on TS.com and dealt directly with a shooter in the Buffalo area and paid him directly for his spot this year since he can't be there. He, in turn, sent my name and address etc. to the IDNR to let them know who is going to be using his spot.

If you post a thread here, you will likely get some folks who will offer to sub-let their spot to you.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.